two.

❝i wonder if you got homebut we just said goodbyeyou looked back at me oncebut i looked back two times❞

but we just said goodbye
you looked back at me once
but i looked back two times

—right side of my neck, faye webster

"HELLO, FLORENCE. NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN."

Florence was greeted by none other than Neil Perry, the cute boy she was introduced to earlier. He peeked over her shoulder, making her step away unconsciously. 

"Hi, Neil," the brunette beamed, looking down at her shoes before looking at the boy again. 

"So, the group and I were wondering if you would like to join our study group tonight. It's in the student lounge," Neil said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He leaned over, staring at the younger students in the field through the windows, waiting for her answer.

Florence paused, wondering if the faculty would approve of it. The school was already hesitant about letting her stay. Well, who cares? What would they do, kick her out? Her parents couldn't just come and pick her up. Just like her perky uncle would say: Carpe diem, or seize the day.

"Hm. . . sure, why not?" She responded, earning a smile from the cheerful boy. 

"That's great!" the boy responded.

The two were stopped by the rest of Neil's friend group. The familiar face of Charlie Dalton stood there, a smirk appearing on his face once more. 

"Ah, Florence Keating. Lovely to see you again!" He greeted.

Florence pressed her lips into a thin line, waving awkwardly at the confident peer. "Charlie."

"Are you coming to our study group today?" Steven Meeks asked from behind, pushing up his glasses from the bridge of his nose.

"Uh. . . yeah. I guess so."

The other boys behind Charlie nodded excitedly; Florence assumed they had barely interacted with any women before her— which was weird. Nevertheless, she was still thrilled to make friends. 

"Nice! I'll see you then, Florence," Charlie said, waving as they noticed a teacher approach them. 

"You like my name, do you, Charlie?" Florence chuckled as Charlie shrugged in reply. 

He never answered her question— Florence did notice he said her name a lot. 

-

Her thoughts were interrupted suddenly because of an arm swinging around her shoulder. She looked to her left and recognized her uncle, grinning like an idiot.