eight.

❝give you my lovin'seven days a weeki'll be your honeyif you'll be sweet❞

give you my lovin'
seven days a week
i'll be your honey
if you'll be sweet

— give you my lovin', mazzy star

THE DEAD POETS (most of them) gathered around the cave, smoking a few pipes. Pitts coughed loudly, a cloud of smoke escaping his lips as the boys guffawed. "Atta boy, Pittsie. Inhale deeply," Charlie remarked before lighting his pipe.

"My dad collects a lot of pipes," Meeks said.

"Really? Mine's got thirty."

"Your parents collect pipes? Oh, that's really interesting," Pitts exclaimed. 

Charlie noticed Knox silently playing with his pipe, not joining the conversation. "Come on, Knox. Join in!"

"Yeah, Knox. We're from the government. We're here to help, man," Cameron joked. 

"What's wrong?"

"It's Chris," the boys said unanimously. Pitts held up a photo and showed it to Knox. "Here's a picture of Chris for you," he chuckled, the poets teasing him.

Meeks grinned. "Put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

"That's not funny."

Charlie whistled, silencing the boys. "Knock it off!" He scolded. "Smoke your pipes."

"Neil!" Meeks exclaimed, watching the brunette boy walking in, holding a stand. 

"Friends, scholars, Welton men," he greeted, ducking his head under the low cave. 

"What is that, Neil?" Meeks asked.

"Duh. It's a lamp, Meeks."

Neil took the lamp and removed the shade, revealing a statue of a man used as the base. "No, this is the god of the cave," he said, holding it up high.

"The god of the cave," Meeks remarked.

The boys were startled by the sound of an erratic saxophone, only for it to be Charlie, whimsically swerving his head to the terrible noise. "What do you say we start this meeting?" He commenced.

"Yeah. I need a light. Who's got a light?"

"Got my earplugs?"

Charlie quickly stood up and held the saxophone. "Gentlemen. Poetrustic by Charles Dalton." The boy held the instrument to his lips and played an awful tune as the poets recoiled and complained in disgust. 

"Florence would be yelling at you right now!" Meeks chuckled before lighting up his pipe again. Neil perked up slightly at the mention of her name before turning to Charlie's terrible playing.