Epilogue

My name is Savannah Hill.

I once used to feel like a princess.

I'm a queen now.

It's not because I wear fancy clothes or because I'm covered in expensive jewelry. I don't drive luxury cars or drink premium champagne. I ride a motorcycle and drink beer sitting on the grass.

Regardless, I feel like a queen—the queen of Jayden's heart.

That's enough for me.

I love my husband, and he loves me.

I don't believe all of this because he told me. I stopped believing in the truth of pretty words a long time ago.

Instead, my husband shows it to me. Over and over again. He started to do it the moment we met, and he never stopped after that.

He's always by my side to support me when I fall apart. He picks me up when I falter and gives me wings to fly again.

He never let go of my hand. He gives me love, and he gives me faith.

He gives me himself.

I was blessed to stand beside him at the holy altar.

At that moment, when we had our little wedding in the yard in front of the caravan, I gave thanks for every pain and every tear because they led me to Jayden.

On that day, I already knew I had everything I could dream of. I became a wife again, but not a trophy wife. I am loved, valued, and respected.

What else can I say about the happiest day of my life? It was perfect. Nothing could dim my happiness that day.

I wasn't bothered by Sophia standing by as if she wanted to ruin the wedding at any moment. She did not do it. In the end, she turned and left.

I ignored my mother's constant nagging about how cheap my dress was or how we couldn't continue living in a caravan. Behind her annoying remarks, she was happy for me. That was enough. She was happy for us.

My father was happy, too.

My lovely bridesmaids, Carmen and Pamela, were happy, too. And my friend Peyton, who came across the country to be by my side. And Banks. And Cohen. Both Charlie and Max. And the whole town.

Clive attended without a hat or dark glasses. There was no hiding and no disguise. His brother stood on one side of him, and his two daughters on the other.

He gave us the most wonderful present.

"Congratulations, kids," he said as he hugged us. He then turned to his daughters. "Girls, meet Jayden—your brother."

The wedding was the most amazing start to our forever. I didn't believe I could ever be happier. 

But I was wrong.

I am now standing in the restroom of my Financial Services office.

Why am I standing in the restroom? I know you will ask me.

Come on! Ask me!

Well, I'm telling you about my wedding while waiting for time to pass. I'm counting the seconds—the longest one hundred twenty seconds of my life.

10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

I look at the test strip with excitement.

Two lines!

God! Two lines!

Oh, yeah! I can be happier!

We can be happier!

I put the test strip in my pocket, run into the parking lot, and jump on the bike. Five minutes later, I park in the yard and rush to the caravan.

Jayden is looking down at a large sketch spread out on the table. He nods at me. "Savi, come here."

I move closer, barely holding back from shouting with joy.

"Here"—he points as he is talking—"this will be the living room. And here"—he flicks his finger to the side—"this is where our bedroom will be. And right next to it, look, this will be the nursery."

"Here?" I point at the sketch.

"Yes."

"Where will the crib be?"

"Right here." Jayden pinpoints the exact spot.

I pull out the test strip and place it there.

My eyes stare at Jayden's.

He jumps up and lifts me into the air, spinning me so fast that we nearly fall. But he holds me tight, protective as always.

He kisses me. Again. And again.

And again.

Now.

Now, I couldn't be happier.

*** The end ***