-Ready?-

I took a deep breath, rolling my shoulders.

This was never comfortable.

I touched a scanner, reading in my finger and palm prints before I typed in two different codes on the keyboard that popped up and scanned my eyes, I am being extra careful here.

The wall shifted open there weren't much visual queues to show what this was for, there was a mechanical box in the middle and four tube-like voids in the material.

I grabbed my work gloves as I turned my back to the machine and backed up, looking over my shoulders as the bioarms slotted in the holes and each pressed one of the four needed buttons.

I twisted on the glove and put it between my teeth, lets go, Kiwi needs me to blend it.

The box activated and unfolded in something someone once called a morbid mechanical lotus, whatever they could mean.

I braced against the sides as the mechanism grabbed one of the six clamps that would hold an arm in place.

"Fuffing fif." ("Fucking shit.") I muttered in the glove as they were wrenched back, they had a really strong closing mechanisms to be sure I never lost the arms, and there was four times six of these, pressed against my back and forcefully locked in place so they couldn't snap close again or I'd need to dismantle it to open them away.

All of this was fine, it hurt yes but it was not the worst part.

One of the yellow tubes was twisted, groaning in glove as the plug was pulled out harshly because that would lessen the amount of time this took.

it felt like having your wrist twisted off but across my whole back and each of the arms had two of these cables, these were wired through cybernetics directly to the neural network like any other chrome but to be able to have such dexterity with them these were directly to the spine.

And from there they were wired in the motor functions part so it felt like all six of my arms were actually being torn from my body and unluckily enough putting them back would feel the same.

I hit my fist against the side as I stared at the ground, repeating one thing over and over to myself.

"Don't sink." Just over and over, I couldn't let my mind sink in madness, I would destroy all I worked on so hard, I could hurt Kiwi who's outside, I am not hurting her, I need to stay afloat even if it is difficult, seeing 'Saka's facilities in front of my fogged vision.

I let out a breath when the final one was pulled out before plugs to keep those holes from being dirtied got pressed in my back, clicking into place.

And a large needle was jabbed in my back as courtesy of the machine I created, bringing my mind stability by injecting a high dose in.

I took a deep breath and sank to my knees.

I looked at my trembling hands before I punched the ground and shook them out, wiping the sweat away from my forehead with one of them.

----------------------------------------

I checked if I had everything ready, looking down the barrel of my gun.

I hadn't lost it that day luckily so I had something else but my netrunning if shit went down

I put it in its holster, tapping my foot on the ground as I waited for X, She is taking her sweet time, we need to walk there as we have no vehicle, no car, no bike, no roller blade, no bus, nothing.

At least, while she took her time, I could narrow down our search area with the info I got through a holo message from Rogue on the info she had, I wouldn't got asking where she got so much, I want to live, I have to redeem my mistakes... And keep a crazy in line.

"Sorry if I made you wait for long."

"Finally." I turned around.

It was odd seeing her without her additional arms, she actually took them off because I asked, wow.

She had two holsters, one on each side but I couldn't see the guns in them, I didn't recognize the handles from here.

She put on black jacket over her usual attire with a pair of pants with a lot of pockets and straps on them, I thought she had some special outfit or equipment for having took so long in there.

"Yeah took a while to find it all in the mess."

"Don't you say?" I couldn't help a chuckle, she is a messy woman, she just grinned with a shrug.

"Awe come on you love me." She said with a laugh.

"Lets just get going before it is too late, I don't want to mess this up." I said.

"Gladly, lead the way."

"Alright, ready?"

"Ready."