-Surviving-

(Rejoice Andygamer1017, I'll republish this story since I do like it even if I am currently infatuated with my other books, I'll add new chapters later.)

The idiots.... They can't even shoot straight.... Even with the smart irons assist on them.... Damn....

So instead of a quick end to my life, I was here, gunshot wounds to the chest bleeding into a puddle underneath me, the last shot meant to kill blowing a hole through my neck but not taking my life, he was trying to aim for the head and yet.... Missed.

I looked at the other dead body, the one of the many I killed of the goons Faraday sent after me after tricking me.... At least it was a quick death for them, the other man, despite missing his shot, walked away laughing since we both knew I wouldn't have long with such injuries.

All I can hope for is that my suffering to be worth something for someone, hurry up David and save Lucy before 'Saka gets her, I have a feeling they have a past together.

I sighed, a gurgle was all that came out as blood bubbled through the hole put in my neck, death cannot be assed to come get me huh? Don't I even deserve that?

My only regret in life is letting Faraday convince me to join him and betray the crew.

Just how much of an idiot am I? Trusting someone in Night City? And Faraday above it all? Kiwi, you are a blind mule.

I wish I could go and apologies to Lucy for betraying her, the crew....David, Falco, Rebecca, Dorio, Maine, Pillar.... I am sorry for all my mistakes... I wish I could apologize to you face to face.

Maybe.... Maybe there is still time for that too tho... Come on Kiwi.... Try...

I shakily lifted my hands to my throat, pressing against the bloody hole there, feeling the blood seep around my fingers.

I pulled myself on my feet, it felt like a car was on my back, my legs felt weaker then they ever did, such movement causing the wounds in my chest to spit more blood, damn, I never knew humans had this much blood in them and I've seen some shit.

As long as I breath I can be of use.

I stumbled, one heavy step after the other, pushing off a wall, each step bringing with it vertigo as I was fighting gravity.

If I can just stumble, just crawl, to 'Saka's tower, I could be of use somehow.

That was.... I could.... I could leave without regrets, I could have helped them save Lucy.

Suddenly my head was smacking against the ground.

I curled up on my side, pain overpowering as I struggled to breath.

I didn't even notice the wall was gone and I fell, I can't... I.... I can't help....

I deserve to suffer, I caused all of this, will any of your be able to forgive me? 

I am so sorry, I wish I could restart, I could backtrack and walk along your side.

I... I am sorry.

My hand fell from my neck as I stared at the blurred stain of red spreading, it felt so cold, I am freezing, I can't breath.