◦༻ 44...Black Water Sinking Ships

He Xuan snarls, his fangs shining with anticipation

He Xuan snarls, his fangs shining with anticipation. It's so tempting just to sink his teeth into Y/n's skin and just tear him-

WHEN WILL THIS MAN WAKE UP?

That was all could run through Y/n's mind, his very exhausted mind to be specific.

He just swam all the way to the near bottom of the ocean to catch a bonefish and then ride it while controlling it to swim towards the island with a whole entire unconscious martial god on his back. With the physical energy and the spiritual energy he wasted; he wasn't even able to walk more than a few steps anymore. So, he opted to just lay next to Feng Xin until the man woke up from what seemed like his eternal slumber.

Y/n takes the free time to stare up at the stars, wondering if perhaps Da Hong had reached them, maybe even touched them. With Da Ju of course, the person dearest to him, that Y/n knows of.

A rustle stirs Y/n's focus away from the stars and he immediately snaps his head over when the rustle abruptly stops, however Feng Xin isn't awake like he thought. So he looks back, where he supposes the rustle must've come from, if not from Feng Xin.

It's a man, a very pale man, in black robes with weaved in waves from gold thread. His eyes are close to golden, his earrings are two gold tassels, a simple looking man if not for the gold.

But he wasn't in fact a simple man because this was in fact He Xuan.

Like, the ghost king.

Y/n is convinced the wine is still ridden in his brain, because he isn't even in the slightest phased about this. Maybe, it's because this is the ghost king's territory after all, but anyone, including himself, would be naturally terrified right now. He should be terrified, he honestly is terrified deep down, but he can't bring himself to show it.

He Xuan frowns at Y/n's dazed state, he frowns even more at the passed out man next to Y/n.

     Was he about to deal with two drunk heavenly beings in his territory? Because that would make his day a whole lot worse.

"Well, are you gonna keep blocking my view or move? I don't want to stare at you either." Y/n says, his eyes unfocused as he searches past He Xuan's head for the stars once more. He Xuan raises his eyebrows before taking a step back, letting the man enjoy his precious view.

Y/n doesn't say anything to He Xuan after that, so out of pure frustration He Xuan has to initiate the next conversation.

"What brought you here?" He Xuan asks, his voice low as he looms over Y/n at an angle so Y/n can still look at the stars. Y/n pauses and looks back to He Xuan.

"I got drunk because I'm pretty stupid, I accidentally boarded a random boat, a martial god followed me onto the boat in fear for my safety, the boat trudged into your base, it sank, I controlled one of your bonefish to bring us to this island."