24: Long awaited

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The house was silent as ever but the atmosphere wasn't like before. Taehyung was eating his breakfast while Jungkook sat beside him, eyes fixed on his phone as a deep frown settled on his forehead. After watching the other in the same posture for about 15 minutes, Taehyung finally bursts out.

"What are you looking at so keenly? Your breakfast is getting cold." His voice was harsh, but Jungkook smiled in response, knowing well about the concern hidden behind that tone. 

"I've submitted an application in your name but need to review some of their demands. It will take only a minute more and then I will join you, your highness." Taehuyng scoffed at the new name but couldn't stop his lips from moving up a bit at the remark. 

Since the last night he accepted the idea of auditioning for the new agency, Jungkook was behaving just like that. "Were you this much active for your own job?" Jungkook frowned but smirked before putting his phone away after confirming everything. 

"Wasn't I? My passion got me here, Mr. Kim." The brunette rolled his eyes, pushing the plate of the toasts in front of the other, he gave a glare but Jungkook looked very much unamused by the gesture. The latter let out a peal of hearty laughter when Taehyung glared again but choked on his toast when he winked at the older male. 

Taehyung's face almost turned red but his coughing fit didn't stop making Jungkook alert in the next second. He got up in hurry to fill up a glass of water and patted the older's back slightly. It took a few minutes when Taehyung was finally calm enough but Jungkook shirked when a hand whacked his arm very harshly.

"What's that for? I helped you." Whining like a kid, the raven-haired patted his arm, muttering something like 'my poor biceps' that made the older male bite his lips just to stop himself from laughing at the other's pouty face. Clearing his throat he pointed an accusing finger at the younger who cocked his brow in response.

"Why did you wink at me in the first place? I got startled by your gesture and choked, it's your fault." There was a deafening silence in the room for a brief moment before it got filled with loud laughter. Taehyung was shocked at first that why the other was laughing like that but when the situation dawned upon him, he felt extremely embarrassed. 

Did I just admit that just his wink has such a strong effect on me?

Groaning at his recently discovered misery, he stuffed his mouth with the remaining toast before gulping down the juice in one go. Jungkook watched with a sweet gaze as the older muttered something under his breath before turning his wheelchair to leave the dining room. 

This is a huge development they'd made in the past days and Jungkook was way beyond happiest to have this change. He loved the way Taehyung was being himself after dropping his strong walls, making space for him to invade the softest and most precious place there.

Didn't know, you are this much adorable, Tae baby. 

Biting his own lips when his mind screamed at what he just said, well not said but thought but still, he was feeling very excited inside, gaze still fixed on the retreating figure of the brunet who was pouting. 

Yes, baby.. only my Tae baby. 

Nodding to himself, he squealed like a teenager, aiming to finish his breakfast sooner so that he can join his baby for some more teasing, why not? He loves to see that flustered look and oh, that rare blushing mess, he would love to watch it again only if his luck worked.