══ஓ03ஓ══

Author's POV

Author's POV

Hours have passed since the incident that happened in the morning. It was currently slightly late afternoon, around 3–4 PM. As a judge, Jin obviously had a lot of work to do. He had his usual two case hearings and some interesting case studies for once this entire month. Today, he was given two cases. They were both violent criminal cases that Jin was extremely excited about.

The first one involved a recently phenomenal serial killer who has killed more than 25 confirmed female victims and has raped all of their dead bodies. Indeed, a necrophiliac. In the media, he was known as the 'Night Predator' because he usually hunted at night and stuff. But his actual name was found to be Choi Youngai. His background file and comments from people who knew him were very interesting because, apparently, he was a figurative angel. He was a phenomenally friendly neighbour and an exceptionally hard-working co-worker. But, I suppose, never judge a book by its cover.

This was the same man who had raped and killed so many people that it's morbidly disgusting and disturbing, really. Nevertheless, this is what Jin liked about serial killers; they were the most unexpected of people. Everyone who only saw one side would think that they were bright, charming, beautiful people, or sometimes even pushovers. However, in reality, there was more sinister hidden behind their backs than people could imagine, because they were brutal, grotesque, remorseless, disgusting, more than powerful, and literal demons.

Nonetheless, this was also why Jin resented people who were naturally gleeful and joyous all the time; he knew that they were the polar opposite behind their pathetic masks. Some were bastards who loved causing fights, some were pathetic gold diggers, and some only kept an act of being nice so that everybody would like them and so they would get more attention and popularity, like Jin. He was not exactly a happy freak, but you get the idea.

The second case was a severe murder case involving a 10-year-old boy. But it was no ordinary one; the body of the murdered victim was mutilated nearly beyond recognizability, and the assailant in the case was a 12-year-old girl. (a/n, who here is also a fan of the Juvenile Justice K-drama? Only me? (Oh well. )

Yes, a case like this is most definitely supposed to be heard by a juvenile court. But because the offender's crimes were so serious—virtually adult-like—and because the Chief Justice mandated that the Supreme Court hear the case, it had to be moved there in response to repeated public demands.

It's obviously all very complicated, but Jin was beyond enthusiastic about both cases. Just the thought and imagination of him being in the same room as killers brought a thrill inside his body. Honestly, the girl from the juvenile case kind of reminded him of the day he saw the mountain of mutilated bodies; it just made him like the cases even more for some reason.

As I mentioned before, it was late in the afternoon, and Jin was completely focused while studying the cases and marking important information. He was obviously in his office, working on his desk. His round black, thin-rimmed glasses were slightly sliding off his nose bridge. His coat was hanging on the coat hanger, and his white shirt sleeves were rolled until his elbows.