XLVIII. War Of Hearts

Chapter 48, War Of Hearts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " I don't know why everyone's treating me like I'm a fragile vase, she left and it's not my fault. "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

          The night came faster than expected, I spent some time with my family but the rest of the day was spent with my friends on call.
   We made plans to have a pool party and invite some people from school, but now night has came which meant that i was going to leave my house and wander around the neighborhood.

    Which is exactly what I did, i put my shoes on and left the house the minute my family fell asleep, i walked on the side walk with my earphones on.
   I've noticed some changes in my friends and family ever since my mom showed up again but they claimed that they're acting the same, I didn't believe them but I didn't want to argue about it and make it a bigger thing than it already is.

    As I walked around the block, I began to feel upset but I didn't know why.
   I looked around the empty streets and sighed, at that moment a car was driving closer down the road and it looked like it was speeding, I just wanted to throw myself in front of it.

    I think maybe there's something wrong with me, I kept walking down the road and found myself wandering off to different houses.
   It was midnight so i know that nobody is going to be up, i felt so alone but I know that I'm never alone.

     Even though I knew it was late at night and that nobody was going to be up to let me in, i found myself walking to Jaden's house but I didn't knock.
   I just texted him and waited to see if he was going to let me in or if he was going to say that i should go home and go back to sleep, i just turned my phone off and decided that i was going to go home.

      As I turned around to walk back home, the door opened and i felt someone grab my arm and hug me, I knew exactly who it was.
   I held onto Jaden and he kissed my forehead before letting me inside, as i walked into his home, i noticed that all of his lights were on and his family were sitting on the couch.

     "Hey honey, how are you?"

     Jessica greeted me, i looked at her and smiled big as she got up from the couch and walked over to me with open arms.
   I hugged her tightly and she kissed my temple before letting me go, i told her i was okay and she invited me to sit down.

     When i sat down on the couch, i noticed that everyone was standing up and staring at me like I was kidnapped and returned all in the same night.
   I felt a little uncomfortable but I didn't want to say anything about it, but the awkward silence was getting to me and I could not stand any type of awkward silence.

    "What's, going on..?"

     I asked curiously, Jaden sat beside me and placed his hand on my kneecap like a weirdo.

   "Nothing, we just wanted to see if you're alright. You are okay right?"

    Javon asked, I sighed and stood up.
I didn't mind when people checked up on me and made sure if i was okay but I don't want anyone being too weird about it, i looked at him and gave him a soft smile.

   "Yeah I'm fine, why is everyone so worried about me all of a sudden."

  I questioned, that's when DJ walked over to me and hugged me.

   "Scar, we know how you get whenever your mom comes and goes."

     DJ told me, i looked at him and for a split moment, i saw my dad in him.
   It was no secret that I'm very sensitive when it came to my mom, i couldn't claim that i didn't care about my mom but in reality i do.

   " I don't why everyone's treating me like I'm a fragile vase, she left and it's not my fault. "

   I muttered, Jessica looked at her sons and then she looked at me.
   Jaden walked over to me and just hugged me, I'll admit that i felt like crying and but I held it inside because I really don't want them thinking I'm such an emotional mess.

    "You're right, it's not your fault."

   Jaden whispered into my ear as he kissed my cheek, i felt so safe in his arms that i didn't care about me crying about my mom.
  He always made it feel like we were the only two people on earth, although we really weren't, it didn't stop him from treating me like we were.

    Everytime I think about my mom, it feels like we were always at war.
   War of my heart wanting to love her and show her that she can still be my mom but her heart wanting to hate me and show me that she can never be my mother again.

    Now these are the things I write in my book, the moments where I'm so vulnerable that i don't even recognize myself when I do read the parts the next week.
   I'm sure that book's getting read the minute i pass it down or the minute i pass away.