XXXIV. It Never Ends, Scarlett..

Chapter 34, It Never Ends, Scarlett..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trigger Warnings!

     This chapter and next are a two part, they will involve Body-shaming, Body Image Issues, Lindsay Briar and abandonment issues.
   Please do not read the parts that involve these if you are severely triggered by these topics.

    Remember you are loved no matter, this chapter is made so I could cry when I read it again.

   Viewer's discretion is advised...

   " Scarlett, Scarlett, Scarlett... You are in terrible danger... "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

        I dropped my book bag to my feet and stared at the person, I closed the door and looked at my parents with such a shocked and surprised look.
   As my emotions changed from shock to angry to sad and finally to happiness, I ran over to them and jumped into their arms.

   "Mom!"

  I shrieked as I held onto her as she hugged me back, the happiness overtook the anger and sadness in my body as she twirled me around.
  I caught a glimpse of Alana's somewhat disappointed look but I didn't care.

   "I'm back baby, I'm back.."

The words I've been dying to hear finally came out, I squealed and held onto her tighter.

     Then I was put down, I stared at my mother with a smile dancing on my lips as Alana grabbed Atlas and walked away from us.
  My dad just stood there dumbfounded, my mom grabbed my hands and kissed my knuckles as she returned the smile.

   "Spencer, I'll be taking Scarlett with me so that we can catch up. I'm sure she has so much to tell me."

  My mother spoke up to my dad, he looked at her and before he could say anything.

  "Oh! Let me just get changed, we can go get some Korean food!"

   The words left my lips, I ran upstairs and walked to my room to change out of the clothes I had.
    I wanted something that'll compliment me and I wanted something that'll make my compliment me, I smiled into the mirror as I brushed my hair back and tied it up with a bow.

      I ran downstairs and grabbed my mom's hand before screaming goodbye for everyone to hear, I just wished that I didn't get as attached as I did when I saw her.
   We got into her car and she drove to the Korean place thanks to me giving her the directions, happily, I got out the car and she grabbed my hand again.

   Nothing could have changed this day the way she changed this day, when we entered the restaurant and sat down at the booth, her whole facial expression changed.
   She went from so happy to such an angry and distasteful woman, she just glared at me as she handed me the menu.

   "So mom, you should definitely try the-"

  "Shut up Scarlett."

    I was interrupted, I looked at her with a quite shocked look and stood quiet as told.
  She was probably hungry and cranky or maybe I've been taking to much and she didn't like it, I tend to do that a lot lately.

   "You're getting married? And you didn't think to tell me or invite me?"

   She finally asked, I looked up from the menu and looked back at her, i didn't know what to say.
  I was at a loss for words and I just stared at her shockingly.

    "I was going to do so but I just didn't want to risk the chance of you completely ignoring me again.."

   I finally told her, she looked at me as if I was lying and scoffed before changing her mood when the waitress came.
  When we finished ordering she was back to her old self and I hated that, I just stood quiet as she berated me for not trying to speak to her again.

   "Honestly, you're not going to eat all that. You're going to get fat and I don't want my daughter to look like a whale in her dress.."

   My mom finally said, i looked at her and she smiled at me to which I smiled back at her.
  Then the food arrived and she only allowed me the broccoli.

     When she took me home, my stomach grumbled but I ignored it.
  I thought she was headed straight home but instead she parked and got out the car, she grabbed my hand and when we got outside, she forced me upstairs and then told me to go to the bathroom.

    That's when it all came back to me, the evil memories I had and the feeling I had when i originally did this.
   After I did what I did, I pulled my knees up to my chest and unzipped my sweater, I threw it across the bathroom and cried.

     So much for being excited that my mom would be back, I heard footsteps and immediately flushed the toilet before getting up and walking out of the bathroom.
  My mother stood at the doorway and glared at me again, she smiled at me and walked over.

   I stood in front of the full length mirror and stared at my reflection, she stood behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders before kissing my forehead.
   That's when conscience spoke out to me.

  " Scarlett, Scarlett, Scarlett.. you are in terrible danger. "

     The signs I ignored that day ruined me, I should've told my dad and then cut contact with my mom but I craved her attention.
   She gave me the things I needed and I wanted to be around her, I needed her to tell me I'm princess again and that everything is okay.

   Instead, things got worse day by day..
And I kept it to myself....