XXIII. Guess Who's Back

Chapter 23, Guess Who's Back
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     " Are you kidding me, God you're actually so stupid it hurts MY brain. "

    ~ Scarlett's POV ~

         Everyday has been going by quickly, it's currently January and we were all on Christmas break which was nice but I honestly wished that this year goes by slowly, I've been anxious about everything.
   This year is my last year with most my friends and not only that but after I graduate, I'm getting married.

    Jessica has been nervous about us getting married since Jaden's been her baby since she first found out she was pregnant which is understandable but she isn't ready to let him go, I have been going over to their house to spend time with her.
   Occasionally I've asked if she wanted us to get married or not considering that's her son, I didn't want to marry her child when she wasn't ready for it.

   Right now, I was in my room getting dressed because I was about to go to the Waltons so that Jessica and I could go get our nails done and talk.
   She's been feeling like a second mom to me and I don't think I could ever see her any different, I'm sure if she didn't want to me to marry Jaden, I would still see her as my second mom.

    When  I finished getting dressed, Jessica sent me a message told me she couldn't make it because she was going to pack since Javon was going to Canada for The Umbrella Academy which is understandable.
   I didn't know what to do so I texted the group chat with Cora, Jayla, Kylee, Delilah and Xiomara to hang out with me.

    "Okay, great!"

    I read the message aloud to myself as we all agreed to hang out at my house, so I changed my outfit to wear the dress I bought with Xiomara.
   She was going to wear her matching dress, as I brushed my hair and grabbed my phone to go downstairs, I took one last look in the mirror to make sure I looked good before going downstairs.

  Scarlett and Xiomara's Outfit

      I walked to the living room and walked to the couch, I kissed Alana's forehead as she looked up from her phone at me

   Atlantis was already getting big, he's currently three months now and he started to crawl without someone being on the ground but he did needed to be watched.

    I looked down at him and kissed his little chubby cheeks before grabbing him, my dad walked down the stairs and kissed my cheek.
   Atlas giggled and gurgled, I looked down at him and kissed his forehead.

   "What if, my nickname would be Eliza? Or Liz?"

    I asked my dad, everyone calls me Scar and I thought it would be a refresher if someone called me a different nickname.
   My dad shrugged his shoulders and took his son from my arms to talk to him, I looked at him and laughed before grabbing a blanket from the couch and walking outside.

      I placed the blanket on the grassy ground before sitting down on it and wait for my best friends who should be arriving soon, so I just grabbed my phone and played games that I didn't know I had.
    Soon enough, Cora and Jayla arrived with a little basket filled with foods.

    "Layla messaged me last night, like after a whole year of ignoring us.."

     Cora confessed as we sat in silence for a moment since I was helping them take their food out and settle in on the ground, I looked up from the food and looked at Cora with a shocked face.

    "What did she say?"

    I asked, but before Cora could answer that question, Xiomara showed up with drinks.
  She smiled and sat down beside us.

  "Aw, that's actually adorable. Y'all have matching dresses."

   Jayla said as she admired our dresses, I looked at her and chuckled before hugging her tightly.
   Cora caught Xiomara up before she continues what she was going to tell me.

   "She asked for forgiveness, I honestly thought someone who had a messed up life wouldn't dare do what they did to you."

   Cora explained, Delilah finally came and we decided to tell her all about Layla and what ws happening.
   Delilah made a couple of faces and then she looked at me before hugging me tightly, I hugged her back and smiled.

    "That's why her dad's a druggie and her mom lost her job, honestly if your dad pulled a rue then stay shut. Baby girl the only thing she should be doing is going to therapy."

   Delilah told me which I'll admit, made me laugh but I slowly stopped and smiled softly at her as we began to eat.
   That's when a car pulled up and parked, I got confused and stood up from the blanket and my heart dropped.

    "Hey Scarlett.."

    Layla stepped out of the car and walked over to me, I looked at her and clenched my jaw before bawling my hands into a fist.
   By now, everyone got up and walked over to me.

    "What the hell are you doing here?"

     Xiomara spat before grabbing my hand, I looked at her with a comforting smile and then back to my serious face at Layla.
   Jayla looked at her and rolled her eyes like she did when she was on live with Kylee, was also coming but she had a doctor's appointment.

    But then there's Kylee's car, she got out and she already knew about Layla so when she saw her, she sprinted over to us and asked Delilah to catch her up.
   I looked at Layla with the most serious face that I could ever make.

   "Look, what I said was unforgivable and I shouldn't have done that, I just know that I was being toxic and wish we could try, again?"

   I swear this girl makes me want to walk in front of bus, she sounds so stupid if I'm being honest.
   Layla stood there looking down at the pavement before I could answer, Delilah stepped up and looked at her.

  " Are you kidding me, God you're actually so stupid it hurts MY brain. "

     Delilah spat before Xiomara nodded and walked up with her, Layla looked at me and then back at the two girls defending me.

   "Look, my mom got a job here and my dad's getting better and I hope you're getting better as well."

    I looked at her and took a deep breath before walking up to her and glaring at her.

  "Nah, you know what's crazy? The fact that I don't care."

    Layla looked at me as if I was going to break out in a smile and forgive her but that wasn't who I am anymore, I don't think she deserves an acceptance.
   She can go to our school and be friends with whoever but I don't think I could ever look at her with a sympathetic look ever again, she's nobody to me.

   "Just go, honestly."

    Kylee spoke up, Layla looked at her and sighed before leaving.
  I watched as the car drove off, I sighed and looked at the ground before walking back to the blanket with my friends.

    I didn't want to think about the situation so I pulled my phone out and told Jaden everything, he made me feel better with the dumbest things he says.