XXVII. First Words

Chapter 27, First Words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Am I the only one that's hungry? "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

        I was in room, sitting on the floor with Melanie Martinez playing in the background as I tried to figure out what song title I would have.
   You see, when I didn't know what to say or do to make others understand my emotions, I would write songs and then have many others around the globe relate to it.

     That's what my biological mother would have done, when the people she would write for couldn't express themselves the way they wanted to, she would make sure to hit that core memory and have everyone relate to the song.
   So that's what I began to do, I would write songs for myself so that when I sang aloud people would understand what I would feel.

   "What if the title was different from the lyrics, like what if it was more sweeter whilst the lyrics weren't?"

      I mumbled to myself, I often did this whenever I didn't want to call anyone not wanting their opinions.
   Although it's not like I hate their opinions, I can handle criticism but at the same time I wanted to be happy.

    That's when I had the best title in my mind and wrote it on my notebook page, I began to think of a lot lyrics and then that's when I knew I had the song.
   The song is dedicated to Layla, except she would never know but she will when I decide to post on Instagram with like a little teaser.

     Best friends 4 Life
By Scarlett E. Delmonico

      I would show you the lyrics but I think I would rather sing it aloud and have everyone be surprised at the same time, anyways I closed my notebook and placed it on my bed.
  I walked downstairs and smiled at my dad who was holding my brother, I smiled down at him and grabbed him.

   "Hey buddy."

   I greeted my five month old brother, my dad smiled at the both of us and got up from the couch.
   Atlantis squirmed around which caused me to set him on the ground and sit down beside him, he crawled around and then crawled back to me.

     I looked at him and kissed his forehead before grabbing the remote from the couch and going on YouTube, I wanted to listen to music but I didn't know what to listen to so I just took a moment to think.
   I decided to listen to 'Icon' by Shuba, it became my favorite song ever since I was scrolling through YouTube shorts and found it.

   "Spotlight shining on me, see me on the big screen."

      I sang along to the lyrics as I played with Atlantis, we were currently playing with his building blocks since that's what he loves at the moment.
   I decided to go on my phone for a moment, I was scrolling through TikTok when my brother threw a block at me and started to laugh like he was the funniest man on the earth.

   "Atlas!"

     I shrieked as he threw more at me, I'm guessing this was to get my attention and it worked because I had to grab a pillow off of the couch and block the blocks he was throwing my way.

   "Liza! Liza!"

   I heard the nickname and nobody calls me that, when I slowly moved the pillow away from my face, I looked at my brother who was touching his feet and giggling.
   Atlas was staring at me and then crawled over to my lap, my heart fluttered.

   "Liza!"

    This time he said it while I was looking straight at him, I stared in awe as tears swelled my eyes.
  I grabbed him and stood up from the ground, I twirled him around and squealed as he said it once more.

   "Dad! Mom! He said his first word!"

    I shouted, Alana came downstairs quickly and looked at me as my dad ran out of his room and followed Alana down the stairs.

   "Well, what was his first word? Was it mama?"

  Alana asked, I looked at her and shook my head with a smile, I looked at Atlantis and motioned him to tell mom and dad what he said to me.

   "Liza!"

   I looked at my parents as Alana squealed and grabbed Atlas, my dad smiled and started to squeal with my mom which was a very funny sight.
  All of a sudden my stomach began to growl, I looked at my parents who were busy with the baby so I just walked over and grabbed baby Atlas from their grasp.

  " Am I the only one that's hungry? "

    I asked, my parents agreed with me and we decided we would go out to eat so that we could spend some time together.
   I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle that was inside the fridge and put it in the baby bag, I grabbed the baby bag and then walked out of the house.

   My parents were already in the car waiting for me, I smiled and got in the backseat, I took my airpods and put them in.
   I played my Spotify playlist and zoned out as I stared outside of the window, I didn't really like engaging in conversation when I'm in the car with family.

   I don't mind doing it with my friends because our conversations are always out of pocket but with my parents, I didn't really know what to say.
   There was a bunch of things that I didn't want them knowing about me and one of them is being that I was still unsure about my future, I didn't know how they would react.

   But then there's moments where I'm over spilling, I just had to pick my moments but it wasn't as it easy as it seems.
  This whole life is filled with obstacles, I'm just glad that my friends and family stood by my side through all of it and made sure they didn't make me feel uncomfortable.

   That's the best thing about life, the people you surround yourself with.
  They make this bland life more colorful and more tasteful.

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara