XXVI. Time Flies By

Chapter 26, Time Flies By
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      " I didn't, I didn't ask but go off I guess.. "

    ~ Scarlett's POV ~

          "I'm proud of you bae, you stood your ground and didn't take crap."

     Delilah praised me over FaceTime, Xiomara was in the shower but we were in a group call.

   "Thanks Dee, I was wondering what if we had like a triple date? You and Javon, Xio and Jaysean and Jaden and I."

    The idea was on my mind for a while, now I know there's been a ton of time skips and I'm sorry for that but my school life is boring now that Meredith isn't in it to keep me on my toes.
  But then again, it means we're closer to the wedding and I'm sure y'all are excited for that, Delilah agreed to the idea with a big smile.

    "I'll text Jaden, you text Javon and I'll ask Xiomara if she wants to join which she will."

   I told Delilah, she nodded her head and reached for her phone and began to message her boyfriend.
   Their relationship is still very much fresh which is adorable because she messages me all the small details.

    Delilah lives with her older sister Marta, but she told me she isn't in the picture as much due to having to go to school and then working a night shift, so it's practically just been Delilah all her life.
   I didn't want to ask about her parents in case if anything were to happen to them and she was sensitive about it, so I kept all my questions to myself and just comforted her when she began to tear up.

    "This whole year have been running so fast, like it's already what? March, damn."

      Delilah stated as she moved from her bedroom and walked down the stairs, I laughed at her facial expressions and then told her I was nervous about graduating.

   "Why? You're like top of the class and you have a great future ahead of you if you choose what you want to do."

   Delilah told me as she settled the phone on a stand as she looked around in her kitchen, I looked at her and nodded slightly.
   Xiomara came back and she was now getting dressed, we all made a plan to go to the park together but also invited Kylee, Cora and Jayla because those are our friends.

   "That's the problem, I don't know what I want to do..."

  I admitted, I grabbed my phone and then walked downstairs.

   "Don't worry girl, I don't know what I'm gonna do either. I'll probably work at McDonald's."

    Delilah joked as she comforted me, I laughed with her and grabbed the car keys from the counter.
   I walked outside and got into my car, I was gonna drive to pick up Xiomara and then drove to Delilah's house to pick her up.

   "No but seriously, don't pressure yourself, when the time comes, you'll know what you want to do."

   Delilah told me, I smiled and thanked her before putting my seat belt on and driving to pick Xiomara up.
   When I did arrive in front of the building, I yelled at the phone to Xiomara and told her to hurry up.

    "OKAY!"

    Xiomara shouted back before grabbing her phone, Delilah and I looked at each other and began to laugh.
   Xiomara is like our Hispanic mom that we just love to piss off because that's who we are, we didn't mind getting yelled at either.

     "Okay would you rather, kiss a rat and have it turn into a prince or everytime you kiss your prince he turns into a rat."

    Kylee asked as we all got on the swings that were at the park, I looked at her and thought about my answer.

   "Rat option, honestly can't be seen kissing my boyfriend because he'll just turn into a rat."

   That sentence made no sense but it didn't matter, we were playing would you rather since we got to the park since we were all bored and have zero idea on what to do.
   My mind was running all over the place for a moment, I was thinking about Layla and then I thought about my future.

    "Are y'all using the swings?"

    A lady asked, we all looked at one another as if she was blind or something because we didn't want to give her a rude answer if she was.

     "Uhm, yeah sorry ma'am."

    Jayla answered, the lady looked at all of us and then her eyes landed on me, she reminded me of that little old lady from the movie Legion.
   If she starts telling me my baby is gonna burn, I am out of here.

   "Can my daughter use your swing, I mean she probably would enjoy it more than you would."

   I looked at her and then looked around to see her daughter but she didn't have one near her, was she a little crazy?
   I mean there were a fair share of crazies running around here, but I didn't really encounter them.

    "Ma'am, if we don't see a kid then we're not getting up."

   Kylee spoke sweetly, the lady looked at Kylee and then walked away.
  She didn't return after that.

  "Should we go live?"

     Delilah asked as she took her phone out, we all agreed to it and she started the live which was fun.
   I wasn't in the frame that much since I was too busy trying to beat Jayla and get higher than she was, I was a little scared of heights but I was also competitive.

      When I slowed down, I took a sneak peek of the comments and started to laugh a bit before looking at Cora and telling her a comment was talking about her socks.
   Cora looked down at her socks and rolled her eyes playfully before reading the comments herself.

   "Someone said that Cora has zero fashion sense."

   Jayla read aloud, she looked at her girlfriend and chuckled a bit before telling the person to kindly shut up.

  " I didn't, I didn't ask but go off I guess.. "

  Cora spoke out which made me chuckle a bit, I was spacing out a lot lately to focus on my future.
   I didn't have a lot of time to figure out what I wanted to do, but I knew it was either act or write songs.

     Those two were my favorite thing in the world, nobody could change that if I'm being honest.
   I know my friends and family would support me no matter what, but I just couldn't help but continue to realize how time was flying by.

   It just felt like I had no time at all to figure out my life, but not everyone has their life figured out by the time highschool is over, right?