Chapter 67

That was the end of the old year.

Xu Qin thought to herself when she closed the door of the locker.

She cleaned up all her things, stuck the keys in the cabinet door, and walked out.

She was no longer an emergency department doctor.

In the corridors of the emergency room, doctors and nurses hurried.

And she withdrew and became a bystander. She didn't know if Song Yan was in this mood too when he took off his fire suit for the last time.

It seemed that he had successfully performed his duties until the last moment, he was at ease, but there was a faint feeling of loss.

Xu Qin walked out of the building, the sky was clear outside. She didn't look back because Song Yan was waiting for her on the side of the road.

Carrying a bag, with one hand in his pocket, he stood under a tree smoking a cigarette with a vague expression.

She took an ointment from her bag and walked over to him. He saw her coming, extinguished the cigarette and threw it into the trash, took the bag in her hand, and flicked it: "So few things?"

"They were all relocated to the outpatient building in advance." She unscrewed the ointment and glanced at his backpack, "I remember you had a lot of stuff in your dormitory."

"Packed the box and let Yang Chi help send it home."

She dipped her fingers in the transparent ointment and smeared it on his chapped face, one by one.

He lowered his head in cooperation and asked, "Disfigured?"

"It's ugly." She said, "It's not good to hurt your face, you are not allowed to take wedding photos."

He looked at her face up close, and suddenly asked, "Do you think I don't love you enough?"

She was applying medicine to him, she paused her fingers, shook her head first, and then raised her eyes to look at him.

"Xu Qin, at that moment, I could only make that choice. It was not to abandon you."

"I know." She nodded, "I know, really."

He had his duty and morals, and she understood it.

She gently wiped his face with her fingers and asked, "What about you?"

"En?"

"Do you think I'm ignorant, threatening you, and being selfish." Before he could answer, she immediately said, "I'm not a noble person, I'm selfish, I..."

He interrupted: "I like you like this."

She stopped talking for a moment, and suddenly felt that there was no need to explain anything.

At that time, it was a winter morning, the sun was thin and the air was clear.

The streets were quiet and empty. It was as if the city was just him and her.

"Walk back slowly?" He proposed.

"Well, it's a nice day. ......There's no one on the street either."

"It's the New Year, they are all at home."

"Has the temperature picked up?"

"It is said that there will be snow again."

"And then it's spring?"

"En, then it's spring."

On the road that day, there were few pedestrians, and the whole city was clean and quiet.