Chapter 49

Outside the building, the siren shows that the fire engine is coming soon.

Xu Qin passes the corridor and looks at the window. She notices the red fire engine outside, it stops in front of the building.

She walks faster and exits the building.

The fire engine stops and several firefighters get off from it. She could notice Song Yan right away, though she could only see his back. But very quickly he walks away and disappears in front fo her.

She doesn't approach them, she stands there and watches. On the 21st floor of outpatient clinic, there are two people standing there. They are waving their arms. They look so emotional. They are yelling. But because of the heavy wind, she couldn't hear anything.

Song Yan goes to the front of the building and looks up. Those two keep on extending their hand and makes the bystanders yells. He looks at the hospital's person-in-charge and asks: "What is the condition?"

"They are making disruption for obtaining compensation, they want to jump off the building. Our colleagues are upstair and urging them to get off. But they seem to not pay attention to them, they are not allowing them to approach."

Song Yan: "Tong Ming, Xiao Ge, both of you go upstair first." He also warns: "Do it with a safety measure."

Then he looks back: "Lao Dong, raise up the scaling ladder, carry him down."

Lao Dong gets on the fire engine and starts to operate it. The scaling stairs of the fire engine is raised up. Then suddenly there's a intense yelling.

Song Yan lifts up his head and narrows his eyes. Those two are waving disorderly, they are yelling about something but he couldn't hear it clearly.

Song Yan raises up his head and Lao Dong immediately stops raising the stairs further.

The firefighter-in-charge, who is upstair, says through the speaker: Don't move, these two are emotional. They said if you guys raised the stairs, they would jump off the building.

It could be heard that the man, who threatens to climb off the stairs: "My wife and kid are dead. I also don't want to live again. I don't need you guys to help me! Don't think that everything would be fine if I jump off the building!"

Song Yan pursues his lips and frowns.

"Dui Zhang, what should we do?"

Song Yan: "Yang Chi, all of you go and prepare the air cushion. Then....."

"We shouldn't. What about if they are getting even emotional and want to jump off."

Xu Qin watches all of them.

It's getting even crowded.

Xu Qin passes everyone and goes to outpatient clinic building. Everyone is gathering and discussing something: "It's too pity, they are forced to jump off the building."

"I heard that his wife was pregnant and died, he even loses his son."

"What did the doctor do?"

"Now it's getting even serious. Look at how they would handle it. If they don't make a fuss, supposedly the hospital wouldn't care."

Xu Qin enters the outpatient building and goes upstair.

The door usually is locked but now it's open.

Those son and mother are standing on the edge of the balcony.

"Come down, let's talk about it!"

"We are not talking with you, we don't have anything to talk about." The fifty-years-old fat woman cuts him off: "My daughter-in-law is a good woman. She is filial and diligent. She could earn money. She is dead because of you guys. My son's family is broken up. We have nothing to discuss if you don't compensate us!"