Chapter 24

Meng Yan Chen's birthday, at night there's a family feast.

The closely related kins are coming over, the ninety five years old Meng Ye Ye (Grandpa Meng) also comes over to the house.

Meng Ye Ye is a person who was born into a well-educated and influential family. He abandoned his love for literature for revolution. He is a founding father. He has three sons and one daughter. Meng Huai Jin is grandpa's Meng youngest son. Meng Yan Chen is also the youngest grandsons.

As for his great-grandson, the oldest great grandson has graduated and worked. He is in the same PLA military region as Meng Huai Jin

Though it's only small scale family feast, but it's so crowded and lively.

There's no friend coming over as Meng family always avoids the opportunity to receive any gift.

Only Xiao Yi Xiao comes over, he gives Meng Yan Chen a present of Xing Zhan's model. He also brings a lollipop for Xu Qin.

Meng Yan Chen's oldest nephew ridicules him: "Why do you always come every year?"

Xiao Yi Xiao responds: "Go to the front gate and serve on sentry duty."

Because there're so many people, Xu Qin and Meng Yan Chen don't need to mind each other.

The dinner ends, at the males are gathering to talk about work, the females are gathering to talk about daily life of families.

Xu Qin accompanies the relatives to sit down for a while. Then when it's done, she goes upstair to her own room. She takes her wood and starts to carve again.

After a while, she goes downstair again to take a look.

The time she passes the study room, she hears several seniors are chatting, they are discussing a serious matter.

Xu Qin heard from Meng Yan Chen that San Bo (Third uncle) has plan to enter the secretariat, but because of his qualifications, no matter whether it is ability or aptitude or connection. it's enough. Yet Meng Yan Chen recently is transferred to another post. Meng Yan Chen has progressed impressively.

Xu Qin doesn't mind those things, she just listens a few isolated phrases.

"...... Let Lao Si and Secretary Jiang Ke Cun get in touch with each other. Lao Si doesn't like to do this way based on his natural disposition, but for maintaining connection, you should help him."

Fu Wen Ying: "Don't worry. We always have a good relationship with each other. Qin Qin and his son, Jiang Yu, had blind date together. Yet there's no progress. It's hard to know what they are thinking."

Er Gu Ma (Second Auntie): "Your kids are very well-behaved. You don't need to worry. They are unlike the son of Zhan family, who just knows to drink. I heard that he made a female student gets pregnant. Now the female student is sent abroad. The son of Zhan family makes fuss with the family everyday."

"They are not good at educating their children." Da Yi (Oldest Auntie) says.

Xu Qin goes toward the corridor and goes downstair.

The maids are quick in cleaning up. All the messy plates are gone. Everything has turned so neat and clean.

She walks around the living room and dining. She walks around and finally she just questions what is her reason to come down.

She stands there blankly for ten seconds and goes back.

She passes by the small reception pavilion and sees there's an old and middle-aged father, who are sitting down in front of the coffee table. —- Meng Huai Jin is peeling an orange for the old man.