Chapter 38

The subway moves quickly, Xu Qin doesn't move, Song Yan also stays still.

No one cares about them, or perhaps everyone thinks that they are a couple.

She looks from the window glass, the window glass refracts both her and Song Yan's figure. They both are standing together very close. The time she looks at the window, her gaze meets Song Yan's gaze.

She looks away and thinks about. She shifts slowly and holds the pole. She stands face to face to hi.

They are standing in silent.

Song Yan finally speaks up: "What did you hear from the honorary meeting?"

Xu Qin: "I seem to mess it up."

Song Yan raises his eyebrow: "What do you mean?"

Xu Qin retells what happened before in detailed, she even tells him that she mentioned him during her short speech

Song Yan doesn't express his opinion, he just smiles. He doesn't criticize him.

Xu Qin says: "That baby, I haven't told you, I need to thank you."

Song Yan listens to her and clearly he doesn't think too much about it. "How would you thank me? You would treat me a meal again?"

"Okay." Xu Qin answers. Yet after she answers, she realizes that he seems to tease her. She recalls the last time she 'treated' him a meal. She modifies her words: "I'll change, I change it to another way to thank you."

Song Yan looks at her face and be quite serious. He asks: "How would you thank me?"

Xu Qin doesn't think too much before. When he is asked, he couldn't answer it: "Let me think of it, when I think of something, I'll tell you."

He looks away and smiles. It's obvious he doesn't count on her thankfulness. He could see her through.

Xu Qin: "....."

She is embarrassed. She thinks for few seconds but it's useless. So she simply changes the subject: "How is your injury?"

"It's recovering quite fast." Song Yan says. Someone wants to go out. He holds Xu Qin's shoulder to let her move inside.

Xu Qin asks: "How long would you be resting?"

He looks at her: "I couldn't."

"When would you start working?"

"Next week."

Xu Qin frowns lightly: "With your injury, at least you need two months to get well."

Song Yan smiles: "With my condition, during my working time, I would only act as an instructor, I would train them, play with the dog. I wouldn't do training and get into the fire scene.

Xu Qin nods: "It's great then." Then she says: "So these days you were resting?"

"No, I and several firefighters were getting mental counseling together."

This earthquake, Xu Qin was with them. Every day with their two profession, they indeed are working hard and seeing between life and death matter. But Song Yan and friends are quite different as they are on the front life, they face a lot of corpses. Their mental might not able to accept it.

Xu Qin: "Are you okay?"

Song Yan: "Do you think I'm not good?"

Xu Qin watches him for a while and shakes her head.

"In the group, there were young ones who would cry in pain, have a nightmare. I am okay. I have watched worst when I was in the army."

Song Yan speaks up and realizes that they would arrive soon.