Getting out of here

Sophia’s POV

As I wait for Xander I hear yelling from outside my room. I try not to eavesdrop but I hear someone who sounds like my father yell “You're not taking her, She's not yours to take” With a bunch of banging. I grab my suitcase close and cry, Scared for Xander. My door swings open and a very angry Xander appears. 

“Sophia, let's go. My Beta is in the car. Go straight to the car if anyone tries to stop you they are dead!” He yells. 

I know he's not angry with me but he is scaring me. So I take off running to the car past everyone and everything. There is so much stuff broken. I just keep running until I spot the car. I hop in the car and Damon looks at me. 

“Are you okay, Did you get hurt? Did anyone try and stop you?” He questions, concerned. 

“No one hurt me nor tried to stop me, I'm just scared Xander will, He's angry. I don't want him to lash out at me” I say shivering remembering the sight i just saw. 

Damon laughs “I was told you're his mate, Luna'' He winks after he says Luna, “He would never hurt his mate, it's a mate's job to protect the other. He's been waiting for his mate for so long now.” He says, showing me a soft smile. 

Xander gets in the vehicle and yells “Drive” to Damon. Xander set a hand on my thigh and I instantly felt calm. But I'm still weary. I notice he is taking slow soft breaths. He looks at me

“Darling, I am sorry I yelled at you. I was just so angry and needed you to get out fast. I hope you're not afraid of me and can forgive me” He says, taking my hand and kissing the back of it. 

I give him a soft smile and look up at him.

“I forgive you, You just scared me is all.” I say squeezing his hand. 

I lean my head on him not knowing how long this drive is. I slowly drift off to sleep in the comfort of my mate. Maybe he won't hurt me after all. Maybe I'll finally get my happy ending.

After what seems like a while I am awakened by sparks all over my body which tells me my mate is carrying me. I slowly wake up and look up at my mate who is indeed carrying me into this gigantic house. 

“Well hello gorgeous, i hope you had a fantastic nap” He says with a cheeky smile. 

“Hi, I napped okay i think.” I say softly and smiled. 

We walk into the house and he takes me upstairs to this huge room that is all matte black and smells strong of my mate. Oh wait, I'm in his room! I internally panic. He sets me down on the bed and I sit up. 

“Are you sure you want me in your r-room” I mumble looking at the ground 

“Of course, Unless you don't want to be I have another room available” He says raising an eyebrow

“Uh no thanks, I feel.. S-safe with you I think” I say looking at him in deep thought “You're not going to hurt me right?” I am still scared. I don't want to be scared, I want to believe I can be loved and protected but my family was supposed to do that and look at how that ended.

He gets down on my level on one of his knees and gently caresses my face 

“Darling” he takes a long pause studying my face. “ I would never hurt you, It's my job to protect you. I will do that until my last breath” He kisses my forehead. “I'll be right back. I have to go to my office to tie up some loose ends and I will be right back okay?”

“Okay” I say softly and lay back into the bed. I wrap myself in the blankets and embrace my mates scent. Maybe things won't be too bad after all. I'm just going to take a minute to be able to trust anyone fully. I hear squealing from outside the door and uncover myself sitting up. The door bursts open and a woman comes running in very excited like. 

“Oh my goddess! They weren't lying, That bastard did find his mate. Oh you are so gorgeous, Can we be friends!” She squeals excitedly at me. 

“Uh, S-sure” I say Unsure as to what to think of this crazy lady. 

“I was too excited to introduce myself. My name is Raya. I am Damon's Mate” She reaches her hand out for a handshake.

I smile softly and shake her hand.

“It's nice to meet you Raya” I say quietly.

“Were going to be best friends here soon, ooo, We can go shopping and do each others hair and makeup” She says clapping her hands

Damon walks in “Raya honey, Don't scare her she's been through alot” He says 

“Oh shut up you, I'm not scaring her.” Raya says.

“Im Okay Beta Damon” I say softly nodding my head at him

“Just call me Damon,” He says with a smile. 

“Of course, As long as you don't call me Luna” I giggle. 

“Can do, Soph” He says with a wink. Raya rolls her eyes playfully and turns back to me smiling.