ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

It's the sunrise
And those brown eyes, yes
You're the one that I desire

When we wake up
And then we make love
It makes me feel so nice

You're my water when I'm stuck in the desert
You're the Tylenol I take when my head hurts

You're the sunshine on my life

- Best Part, Daniel Caesar ft. H.E.R.

•••

Five Years Later

Five Years Later

"Dr. Amos, your wife is here"

My secretary says before opening the door to reveal a pregnant Efi, a picnic basket in her hands, and our labradoodle Sunny.

Yes, after 4 years of marriage, Efi is pregnant with our first child.

We weren't in a rush to have kids, we both agreed that when it happened, it happened.

We took those 4 years to travel all around the world.

We've been to the Maldives, Romania, Italy, France, Sudan, Mali, Ivory Coast, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and many other countries.

Which Efi loved, since she got to collect many samples from plants and even buy the seeds of some exotic plants.

Speaking of my lovely wife Efi, the married life has been everything I could've imagined and more. Our wedding was small and intimate, but very fun. I think Daja and Mr. Sai had more fun than we did, considering they were both drunk as hell by the end of the night.

I raked my eyes over her, if my eyes could turn into hearts, they would every time I looked at her.

I never understood the whole 'I fall more in love with you' thing until I met Efi. It's like I fall in love with her over and over again. She's just an amazing soul and I'm more than ecstatic that I get to spend the rest of my life with her.

Snapping out of my trance, I rushed to aid her

"Sunshine, I told you that I'd pick you up from the flower shop to have lunch. Why would you walk all the way here?"

She gently swatted my helping hands away

"Dar I'm pregnant, not bed ridden. Plus I had finished my experiments and Sunny needed his daily walk." she said sitting down in one of the seats in-front of my desk.

"I know sunshine, I can't help but worry about you and our baby girl" I said before placing a kiss on her lips

"Well our baby girl is perfectly fine, Dr. Ryans said she's perfectly healthy for 26 weeks"
"I'm sorry I couldn't be there"