30. ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛᴇꜱᴛ ʜᴇʟʟᴏ

Babe, baby, you're my life babe
My baby, uh-uh-uh

You're my darlin' sweet thing
Love is such a sweet thing

Maybe we should try it out
See what love is all about

Baby, you made me believe I could fall in love at first
Sight, how you stopped me with your body

I'm under your curse

- Palace/ Curse, The Internet ft. Steve Lacy & Tyler the Creator

•••

A Year Later

A Year Later

It's been a year since Efi has left New York to study abroad in France.

And just like Darren said it would, the year went by faster than Efi could've thought.

She met so many new people and made so many friends, she improved her French, she tried every French desert she could find, and she's been to the top of the Eiffel Tower on multiple occasions.

Throughout all that, her and Darren's relationship stayed strong. They FaceTimed every time they could, and when they couldn't they were constantly texting.

Darren had started a support group called 'You Are Man Enough' where men are allowed to talk about their mental health, addictions, abuse, and the loss of loved ones.

On top of that he had expanded his clinic and opened up a new location in the city. Which is catered to everyone but mostly to the homeless and the lower class who aren't able to get the eye care they need.

Efi couldn't be more proud of her boyfriend, using his experiences to help other people.

Although it was a fun year, she was completely homesick. She missed her parents dearly, and the flower shop, and her apartment, and Darren, ok she just misses everything and everyone she left in New York.

So she was more than ecstatic to hop on her plane ride back home with her bags and Masters degree in hand.

She was anxious the whole entire 8 hour plane ride, not being able to sleep wink.

So you already know that the moment the plane landed she was up and out of there. She rushed through security and basically ran to the bagage claim.

She grabbed her bags and took the escalator, texting Darren on her way down.

Dar Bear🐻🤍

Are you here yet?

Look down

She did as the text said and saw a big 'Welcome Back Sunshine' poster being held up by her boyfriend