16. ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ

Hope you never find out who I really am

'Cause you'll never love me, you'll never love me

You'll never love me

- Garden (Say It Like That), SZA

•••

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave" the hostess says to the man who wants to talk to Efi, Santiago

"No I want to talk to her" he argues

"Do you not see she doesn't want to fucking talk to you? She even said it herself."

"Who the fuck was talking to you? Mind you fucking business gringo!" He spat

"When I comes to Efi, it is my fucking business" I gritted

"Efi you're dating his lame ass? Fuck you doing with a white man?"

Sigh

I'm too fucking old for this shit.

I didn't wait for Efi's response and walked out the restaurant ignoring her parent's calls for me to come back.

Once I'm out, I take out my cigarette pack and lighter from my pocket. I pulled one out and lit it, I inhaled and blew the smoke out.

I felt my body instantly relax, for something so life endangering, it's pretty good.

I stood there looking at the sunset, reminiscing on the moments before that jackass came in.

I'm ashamed to say I probably would've kissed her if he didn't barge in.

God her lips looked temping, and the way she kept wetting them.

"Fuck" I groan running a hand through my hair

I need to either break up with Liz or get rid of these feelings.

She's making me feel the way Maddie used to...

Guilt started to eat me up, I haven't visited her grave in a month.

I've been... distracted.

Even Liz didn't distract me like this when I actually needed the distraction, if anything she made me miss Maddie more.

But Efi... she's dangerous.

Whenever I see her, my day brightens, her enthusiasm, her giddiness, her fucking smile. Her love for flowers, her determination, God her beautiful dark eyes.

I love her eyes, the way they hold so much expression. Her eyes says it all, every emotion she feels is written in her irises.

I think I'm jealous of her eyes because mine can't do the same. I look into the mirror and see nothing but a whirlpool of emptiness.