𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘸𝘰 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

Getting slammed into plexiglass is no fun

Not only does it hurt like a motherfucker but it means violations can be given and any injuries mean your off the ice. Which means sitting out. On the bench.

Grumbling to myself I cross my arms and scowl at my team, this was their way of punishing me for dropping them. Slam me into the plexiglass in training until Coach pulled me out.

The worst thing is I don't think Coach Quinn is that bothered either. Sat next to me his smug smile sits on his face as he watches the rest of the boys fighting for the puck.

"How is the Mama doing?" His deep voice brings me out of my sulking as he turns his head to look at me.

"You mean Evanna?" I question confused by his choice of words.

"Hmm" he nods, his expression coming into a that of a serious one.

"Did you get that from Ronan?" I glare turning to find his build on the ice just in time to watch him score. He had taken to giving her that nickname and now Coach had too?

"Yeah." He chuckles placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing.

"She is ok." I nod adverting my eyes from him as I feel my heart begin to quicken.

"You don't sound convinced Murphy. Everything is ok, isn't it?" He turns slightly to completely face me and I feel his eyes begin to burn into the side of my face.

So much had happened in the last two weeks that my mind was still trying to catch up with everything. I mean we had sex again, talked for hours and then fell asleep together which was something I never thought would happen between us. I felt different now and I didn't understand why.

The rest of the time was spent making sure Ellie was comfortable in her new place and showing her how to be a bit more independent now that she was living on her own. I checked on her most days and while she spent her time in the design rooms I was scrambling to sharpen up my skills on the ice.

Except a couple days ago I had noticed she seemed pale, tired and was mumbling her words. I didn't think to much of it as I knew she was struggling to sleep at the moment. Yet when she stood up to go to the toilet and had immediately collapsed to the floor I knew something was wrong.

"She is doing better. We had a scare a couple days ago where she got really dizzy and kinda fell." I swallow the lump forming in my throat at the memory. I had never felt more terrified in my life.