𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

We won

We won.

By the skin of our teeth. In the last 30 seconds, I was able to score the winning goal. Only I didn't feel ass relived as I should have done. Now I had nothing else to focus on besides the fact that Evanna Hill is pregnant with my baby.

I couldn't help but feel pissed off with her. She comes to my game, ruins the atmosphere, gets herself hurt and then has the guts to sit and chat with my coach for the rest of the game. It surprised me when I looked towards her to check her over, only to see her smiling and laughing with Coach Quinn. What took me by surprise, even more, was the look in his eyes as he watched her. His eyes were soft, and he had a small smile pulling at his lips.

It was clear he saw her as some sort of daughter and while I was happy for him, I was pissed. She was pushing herself into my life and it had to stop.

Only it couldn't now. We were bound by a baby. My truck is quiet as I drive around aimlessly looking for someplace to stop. We haven't spoken a word to each other since before the last play.

Seeing we are stopped at a red light, I flick my eyes over to her. I watch as hers slowly shut before jolting awake again. She's exhausted, and it leaves me to wonder what the hell has been going on for the past few days. Her head is leaning against the glass with a hand pressed over her stomach. I don't know if she knows she is doing it.

I sigh and focus back on the road. I can't be mad at her. We both made the baby.

My eyes light up at the sight of my favourite diner and without a second thought, I pull in and park. Getting out of the truck, I slam my door shut in hopes it will wake the sleeping princess, but it does no such thing. So I heave a sigh and walk round to the door and open it. Shaking her lightly, I coax her awake until her blue eyes are looking at me.

Then her stomach grumbles and interrupts the moment. I chuckle. "Let's get some food."

Getting out of the truck, she looks around before smoothing her sweater dress thing down. We walk towards the entrance once again in silence, and I do not know how we are going to work through everything.

I guess it means we will have to act like adults now. It's not just us that are affected by our actions anymore.

Opening the door for her, I let her enter first and watch her as she looks around. I'm hit with the nostalgic smell of burgers and pizza and it springs back memories from when I was younger and would come here with ma.

I then realise that maybe I shouldn't have brought her here. Not only is it personal to me, but she also would probably never eat from here. She is used to posh food with tiny portions that no doubt leave you hungry after 3 courses.