Chapter 7

The next morning, Annabelle woke up and got ready for the day. Once she finished getting dressed, Annabelle made her way downstairs.

"Well, you look ready for the day." Esme said. "I'm sure you're excited."

"Yes." Annabelle said.

"You're breakfast is ready." Esme said, setting a plate of sausages with syrup on the table and a glass of orange juice.

"Thank you." Annabelle said as she sat down and started to eat. There was comfortable silence while Annabelle ate and Esme cleaned up the meal.

"Good morning." Carlisle greeted.

"Good morning." Annabelle greeted back.

"Ready to go, Annabelle?" Carlisle asked.

"Carlisle, she's still eating." Esme said.

"I'm sorry." Carlisle said. Annabelle quickly finished eating. "I didn't mean to rush you, Annabelle." Carlisle said.

"It's alright." Annabelle said. "I'm ready now."

"Let's go, then." Carlisle said.

"Good bye." Annabelle said to Esme.

"Bye." Esme said. "Have fun."

Annabelle walked to the Carlisle's car and got in.

When they got to the hospital, Annabelle followed Carlisle inside.

"Annabelle, I know it's difficult for you, but I need you to stick near me and try not to wander around." Carlisle said as he lead her to his office. "I can't keep a close eye on you while I'm working."

Annabelle nodded. "What do you do?" She asked.

"Well, typically I start by checking on my own patients and then I go to the ER to help there." Carlisle explained. "Sometimes, I'll do a surgery."

"Good morning, Carlisle." They heard as a man approached them.

"Good morning, Tom." Carlisle greeted.

"Who's this?" Tom asked, referring to Annabelle. Who was hiding slightly behind Carlisle.

"This is Annabelle. Esme and I just started fostering her." Carlisle introduced. "Annabelle, this is Dr. Gerandy."

"It's nice to meet you, Annabelle." Tom said.

"Hello." Annabelle politely said quietly.

"I appreciate you covering for me, Tom." Carlisle said. "I took some time off so I could help get Annabelle settled in."

"Not a problem, Carlisle." Tom said. "So, what's Annabelle doing here?"

"Annabelle was having a hard time with me going back to work, so I brought her along with me today." Carlisle said.

"That was nice." Tom said.

"Well, I better get to work." Carlisle said. "Come along, Annabelle."

"It was nice meeting you, Annabelle." Dr. Gerandy said.

"It was nice meeting you too, sir." Annabelle said, following behind Carlisle.

Throughout the morning, Annabelle quietly followed behind Carlisle as he checked on his patients. Afterwards, they headed to the ER. Something urgent arised and Carlisle was needed.

"Annabelle, can you go to my office, so I know where you are." Carlisle said. "I'll come get you when I'm done."

"Can I stay and watch you work?" Annabelle asked.