Chapter 5

The four of them walked to the food court. Annabelle got some chicken tenders with fries and lemonade.

"You guys aren't getting anything?" She asked them.

"We're good." Rosalie said. Annabelle started digging through her backpack.

"What are you looking for?" Alice asked.

"My headphones." Annabelle answered. "It's loud in here."

"Why don't we go find somewhere quieter to sit." Carlisle said.

"There are some tables outside." Alice said.

"But, the sun's out." Rosalie said, quietly.

"We'll stay in the shade." Carlisle said. "Come on."

They went outside and sat at a table. "We're sorry if you weren't interested in going shopping with us." Alice said.

"It's ok." Annabelle said. "I needed new clothes, anyway."

"We see you got some things that you wanted." Rosalie said.

"Yeah." Annabelle said, smiling.

"Is there anything else you wanted to get while we're here?" Carlisle asked.

"I don't think so." Annabelle said.

"Then, we can head home once your done eating." Annabelle nodded.

A little bit later, they were back at the house. "How was shopping?" Esme asked Carlisle.

"It was alright." Carlisle replied. "I don't think Annabelle was really interested in clothes shopping."

"Well, I don't really know anybody who is as interested in clothes shopping as Alice and Rosalie are." Esme said.

Carlisle chuckled. "I'm going to go call Rebecca." He said. "Is something wrong?" Esme asked.

"There was an incident while shopping." Carlisle said.

"What happened?" Esme asked.

"At one point, Annabelle wandered off into a different store." Carlisle explained. "It wasn't a big deal. I just want to ask Rebecca something." Esme nodded. Carlisle went up to his office and called Rebecca.

"Hello?" Rebecca answered on the other line.

"Hi. This is Carlisle Cullen." Carlisle said.

"Oh. Hi." Rebecca said. "How's Annabelle settling in?"

"Ok." Carlisle replied.

"Is she ok with the rest of your family?" Rebecca asked.

"There was a small incident yesterday, but it wasn't a big deal." Carlisle said.

"What happened?" Rebecca asked.

"When the rest of my family came into the house, my granddaughter was a little overjoyed to see Annabelle and with so many people around, Annabelle just got a little overwhelmed." Carlisle explained. "We're slowly having her meet everyone."

"Ok." Rebecca said.

"The reason why I called is because I wanted to ask you something." Carlisle said.

"What is it?" Rebecca asked.

"There was a another small incident today." Carlisle started.

"What happened?" Rebecca asked.

"My daughters and I took her shopping and at one point, she wandered off to a different store." Carlisle explained.

"Were you angry at her for that?" Rebecca asked.

"No. Of course not." Carlisle answered. "But, she seemed to think I was or I would be. Did her other foster parents used to get angry with her because of it?"

"She's never really said anything about her previous foster homes." Rebecca said. "But, from what I could tell, they would get upset with her."

"Alright." Carlisle said. "That's all I wanted to ask."

"Like I said before, you and your wife are welcome to call me with any questions you have any time." Rebecca said.

"Thank you, Rebecca." Carlisle said. They both hung up.

Later that evening, Annabelle walked into a room, so she could start building the lego set she got. As she looked around the room, she started to panic. "Where's my backpack!?" She said.

"What's wrong?" Carlisle asked.

"I can't find my backpack!?" Annabelle said, frantically searching the room. "The new things that bought today were in it."

"I put it in your room while you were eating dinner." Esme replied.

Annabelle rushed up to the room. She grabbed the lego set that was in the backpack and went back downstairs. Part of her wanted to tell Esme not to touch her stuff, but she knew that was incredibly rude to say to an adult.

"Ooh. Can I help build that?" Renesmee asked.

"No!" Annabelle said. Renesmee had a frightened look on her face. "I like doing things on my own and by myself." Annabelle said in a calmer tone.

"Annabelle, why don't you go get ready for bed." Carlisle suggested.

"But." Annabelle protested.

"I know you want to start this, but it's been a long day and you said you didn't get much sleep last night." Carlisle said. "You can work on this tomorrow." Annabelle nodded and walked upstairs. Carlisle looked at the rest of his family.

"Is she ok?" Emmett asked.

"It's a lot to handle for all of us, including her." Carlisle said. "Let her get settled. Just let her do her own thing and leave her be, until she gets more comfortable." Everyone nodded.

AN: Just wanted to say that I'm planning on having it where Annabelle trusts the Carlisle the most out of everyone in the family and they'll have a close father daughter relationship. Also, if anyone has any ideas for chapters, I'd love to hear them. Annabelle will go to school, but after she gets settled in.