Chapter 3

The next day, Annabelle and Rebecca were getting ready to go to the Cullens house.

"Ready to go, Annabelle?" Rebecca asked. Annabelle nodded. "Do you have everything?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah." Annabelle said. She didn't have much. Just a duffel bag and a backpack.

"Let's go, then." Rebecca said. They walked outside and got in Rebecca's car. She started it and started driving.

A little bit later, they pulled up in front of the house.

"Wow." Annabelle said, looking at the huge house.

"Agreed." Rebecca said. "You ok? Do you have one of your devices handy in case you get overwhelmed?"

"Yeah." Annabelle said.

"Ready?" Rebecca asked.

"Yes." Annabelle said. The two got out of the car and walked up the pathway. Rebecca rang the doorbell.

Carlisle opened the door. "Hello again, Annabelle. Rebecca." He greeted. "Please, come in."

"Hello, Dr. Cullen." Rebecca said as she stepped inside with Annabelle following.

"Please, call me Carlisle." Carlisle said. They followed him to a room, where a woman was. "This is my wife, Esme." Carlisle said. He looked at Esme. "This is Rebecca and Annabelle."

"It's nice to meet you both." Esme said.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Cullen." Rebecca said.

"So." Carlisle said.

"I wrote down some things for you guys." Rebecca explained as she handed them a few pieces of paper. "She eats at certain times every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I usually tend to take her out to eat for dinner every Tuesday. And I get her pizza on Friday nights. I also wrote down what she likes and doesn't like."

Carlisle and Esme looked over the papers as they listened to her.

"I always have my phone on me and if it has to do with Annabelle, I answer right away." Rebecca continued.

"You don't have other foster kids to worry about?" Esme asked.

"Since I've had Annabelle, because of how much care she needs." Rebecca started. "The agency I work for keeps the list of kids I have low." Esme nodded. "If you have any questions, you are welcome to call me whenever you need to." Rebecca said. "Like I said, I always have my phone on me and if it's about Annabelle, I try to answer right away."

"Thank you, Rebecca." Carlisle said.

"Of course." Rebecca said. "Well, I should get going."

"Alright." Carlisle said.

Rebecca pulled Annabelle to the side. "Like I told them, I'll have my phone on me at all times. And you have my number. You can call me whenever you want." Rebecca said. "You'll be ok. Alright?" Annabelle nodded. "Be good for Dr. Cullen and his wife." Rebecca continued.

"I will." Annabelle said.

"Good girl." Rebecca said. Annabelle hugged Rebecca. "I gotta go, Anna." Rebecca said, hugging the young girl back.

Annabelle pulled away. Rebecca smiled at Annabelle before walking out of the house. Annabelle watched her leave. It was quiet for a few moments.

"Annabelle." Esme spoke up. Annabelle turned around. "I was going to go to the grocery store, do you want to write a list of what you would like me to get for you?" Esme asked.