Chapter 43

Selene's POV

I walked towards the vending machines where I was supposed to meet Nobara and Fushigoro. As I approached I heard them talking to someone, and being the nosey queen of curses I am... I eavesdropped waiting for the perfect moment for a dramatic entrance.

...I've spent way too much time with Gojo...

"We heard your classmate died... Was it rough? or did it not affect you that much?" OOHHHH RIGHT FOR THE THROAT! This bitch is ruthless! What a sentence to start listening. 

"What are you trying to say" Megumi spat, the venom clear in his voice.

"Hey, it's alright! Some things are hard to admit out loud, so let me say it for you! Calling him a vessel makes it sound nice but the truth is he was a half curse monster-" 

I stopped listening after that. Half curse monster... 

Monster...

Monster...

Monster...

Monster...

Monster...

Monster...

They have no idea what a true monster is... These scum. These foul loathsome beings. They know nothing of the true monsters.

Sure we slaughtered, we killed, we destroyed. 

But we know what we are, we accept what we are. Humans kill. Humans hunt the innocent. Humans segregate, hate, and commit far worse crimes and yet view themselves as pure. They think of themselves as heroes. 

But I've seen what they really are... we curse maybe monsters... but so are the humans... are we not the same? Do we not both destroy and kill and hate?

You, humans, made us... so are we really the monsters?

You always told us we were. We were the abominations, we were the devils, the trash, you call us monsters... why are we the monsters we are the same. 

"Fushigoro was it?... what kinda woman's your type!"

... what the fuck did I miss?

He ripped off his shirt... what in the hell is happening right now. 

"By the way, my type of woman is a tall one with a big gorgeous ass!" 

Oh my god, I have to save the children. 

I decided to make my entrance, the click of my heels bounced off the walls as I walked into the tunnel. 

Grace and power. 

That's what I was, a goddess, a queen of curses, and nothing less. 

Nobara and Fushigoro turned to look at me as I entered. The air turned harsh as I allowed my power to nearly suffocate the large weirdo and the small bitch. 

"Now now... causing trouble so early? I don't know whether to scold you or be proud." I said to Megumi and Nobara, completely ignoring the other's existence. I slipped cursed energy into my voice like I had done a thousand times before. 

Sentence smooth as silk, words dripping with power, a voice of dominance and beauty. The voice of a goddess of death and destruction. The voice of a queen who once conquered this world and will soon do it again.

I turned to see the large man with a halo around his head, tears falling down his face as he gawked at me. 

"...Angel!" He sang staring at me.

"Not exactly."

I walked closer to him, harshly grabbing his jaw in my hands, my fingernails slightly digging into his skin. He looked in a daze as I leaned closer, my face stone cold. 

"Do you want to know what my type of man is?" I whispered, my face still showing no emotion. 

He wordlessly nodded, I turned my head to meet the fearful gaze of Maki's twin. 

"My type is the half curse monster, whose death you just mocked." 

"I-"

"Don't speak"

She froze, forced to do as I told her. 

I let go of the large one, slowly walking towards the girl. The man still stood in a daze with a dopey look on his face. 

"You know nothing of monsters... tell me, girl... do you fear me?"

The fear in her eyes never faded but her face hardened as she shook her head, no.

"You should... You will soon."

The fear returned to her face as I turned away and kept walking. 

3rd PERSON POV*

Tsukiko left, her classmates looked onto her with pity, mai watched her go in fear, and Todo... well...

"A GODDESS! AN ANGEL!!! I WILL WORSHIP HER FOREVER!!! YOU FUSHIGORO!!!! TELL ME THE ANGEL'S NAME BEFORE I BEAT YOU HALF TO DEATH!"

"Inumaki Tsukiko."

"I WILL HAVE HER HOLY NAME TATTOOED ONTO MY CHEST SO THAT ALL MAY KNOW MY HEART BELONGS TO THE TALL GODDESS WITH THE GORGEOUS ASS!" 

If Yuji were alive he would have killed him.