la luna enamorada

In the blink of an eye, his lips are pressed against mine. It becomes crystal clear that we'd both been aching for one another since we first shared that overwhelmingly passionate kiss. Our connection escalates quickly. The bag on his shoulder lands on the floor with a thud and he wastes no time lifting me up by my thighs. His body presses me into the side of the elevator. His hands keep me barely hovering over the metal bar attached to the wall. It'd be much more conventional to set me on the bar instead, but he'd rather hold me literally in the palms of his hands.

Supporting my arms on his hardened shoulders, my hands find themselves tangled into his soft hair. Ruffling it and tugging it like my fingers were determined to prevent it from falling back into place. My hands wanted his strands as messy as the needy kiss we shared.

I pull away, but still kept intimate eye contact. "Promise me you won't treat me like I'm fragile," I pant.

Instantly, his eyes go wide. "Jo—"

I won't hear of it. I won't have him underestimating me, not during what's going to be a night we'll remember for the rest of our lives. Years from now, I don't want to think about how weak I once was in his eyes. "Promise me, Beau."

For a brief moment, there's reluctance in his eyes. Reluctance to ditch his protection over me. Yet he meets the pleasing look in my eyes and that's when he caves. "Okay, I promise."

"You don't have to protect me from yourself," I whisper to him comfortingly, "I've seen the beautiful things you're capable of and I don't believe for a second that you'd hurt me out of any malice. You're so loving, Beau, if you're not going to believe anyone when they say that, just believe me at least. You're so incredibly good. Too good for this world."

He kisses my cheek with that smile that warms me for all the right reasons. "I'm so fucking in love with you, god how did I ever live without you?"

I ponder it myself, how on earth did we live our entire lives not knowing each other until fate struck? Maybe it's life's way of showing us to appreciate what we have to the fullest extent. Not letting us know that a love like ours existed until it healed us without either of us realizing.

The elevator makes a ding! sound. I look at the numbers above the door, noticing that we've reached the top floor. No wonder it feels like we'd been here forever. Extending my hand out, I beam, "Lead the way."

With the bag in one hand and the curve of my waist in the other, he examines the numbers on each door. He nods to one in particular on the left and since both his hands are occupied, he lets me do the honors.

A coffee machine, closet, and a few other amenities present themselves at a first glance. But of course the first place my eyes go is the giant king-sized bed in the center of the opposite wall. Seamlessly made, decked out in throw pillows, and a perfectly placed gift bag at the foot of the bed.

"I suggested for them to leave you a little something," he calls for me as I saunter to the bed to see what's inside. I kick off my shoes before hopping onto the bed, not wanting to soil the duvet. Grinning like a kid in a candy store as I pull out a box of See's Candies chocolate truffles, his laugh rings out behind me. "That was before you ate all that candy earlier, you're done with the sugar tonight, love."

Completely disregarding his possibly smart suggestion to lay off the candy, I pop a small chocolate square into my mouth. A moan nearly erupts from me. This is the best chocolate I have ever tasted without a doubt. I angle my gaze over my shoulder, licking my index finger free of melted chocolate so that his eyes leave mine and land directly onto my lips. He is too predictable. "Oops?" I breathe out, grinning innocently.