the truth will come out

jordyn.

Forgetting how shit it would be to wake up the morning after spending the day high out of my right mind was possibly an even bigger mistake than accepting the joint in the first place. This morning, a harsh reminder came to me like a load of crap wrapped up in a pretty box with a nice little bow on top. That nice little bow being the temptation of relaxing my mind and body with substance, and what appeared inside being everything else that came afterward.

Honestly, I could barely remember anything from yesterday. All my memories had some sort of a haze over it. And to swipe away that haze, I had to actually think. My exhausted, headache-prone, somewhat nauseated ass was not about to go through all that trouble. At least not before lunch.

This morning had been a bitch. No exaggeration. I overslept through my alarm and it took Sophie's loud ass to drag me and Beau out of bed. Bless her soul immensely. Apparently, she'd been looking after us since yesterday and everyone else that stayed over was too afraid to awaken the 'sleeping bears' in the next room. Sophie, being the feisty fireball she is, had no hesitation in dragging my feet out from under the covers like some phantom creature. I thought I was bad until I saw her grab one of the water bottles we had left over from last night and dump it over Beau's head.

I laughed uncontrollably at the sight. In my head though. Outwardly, I was too tiresome to say a word.

Somehow I made myself look put together in less than ten minutes. Thank god for uniforms, otherwise we would have looked and felt like shit in our sweatpants and hoodies. I did the bare minimum, threw on a pair of pants, a button-up shirt, and one of Beau's letterman jackets for soccer he refuses to wear. By the time we're finally out of the house, Kat, Sophie, Beau, and I are all at least ten minutes late for first period. Stellar attendance on our parts.

I'm forced to be one of those asshole-looking people wearing sunglasses on a semi cloudy day. It was either that or applying eye drops and even with Beau holding me down, the damn drop would not get into my eye. He took those things like a pro and still wore sunglasses to school because everywhere was 'too bright' for him. Dry eyes are nothing fun to be dealing with; it's already fourth period and my eyes haven't stopped burning.

Well, you brought this on yourself.

Very aware of that, thanks. I won't be getting high for a long time. It was great while it lasted...no, nevermind that, it was great until I got on that fucking terrifying roller coaster. I nearly pissed my pants during that drop thinking it would never end. When it finally did, drops just kept happening one after the other. Yeah, I remember that crystal fucking clear. I'd be surprised if I didn't remember just about the scariest thing that's ever happened to me in my entire life.

Okay, that may be exaggerating.

Slowly but surely my memory returned throughout the day, whether I wanted it to or not. The barely transparent fog concealing them dissipated little by little. Carefully not overwhelming me with too much at one time. I remember getting there, the discussion everyone had about which ride to embark on first. Very hazily I recall lunch and eating like a fucking hound. I've never eaten that much ever in my life, my stomach can still feel it too. Last night I was guzzling food down like a tank, no signs of stopping until finally Beau and I crashed halfway through an episode of Spongebob.

It was great remembering sweet moments like Beau carrying me on his back on our way to his room. And having Sophie trying to get us under control while we were waiting to get on the ride. I've even uncovered something with Kat. On my way down to the kitchen to grab anything as long as it was edible, I ran into her chopping up some cucumber to put in her water for flavor. That somehow turned into laying side by side on the kitchen island, talking over a chili powder-covered cucumber. The details of our senseless conversation I couldn't retain, but I just remember it being really nice.