The Past.

I live.

Sorry for the terribly late update. I try to get the chapters out on time but sometimes life gets in the way.
Enough with the boring Authors note, On to the Fanfic!

***

Rows of Pristine armor.

I stand next to Nala Se on the balcony over looking the speech.

"...The attempt on my life has left me scared and deformed..." I contain a scoff. Scared and deformed is an understatement. He is an ugly creature now, void of any human traits. Palpatine's voice blares from the speaker below us. It fills my ears, but my brain isn't processing any of it.

Omega is standing next to me, her hand in mine. I sigh turning my head to stare at some point in the distance. Zoning out, I become lost in my thoughts. Omega tugs at my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts. I lean down so I can hear her.

"They're here," She says, her voice quivering with excitement. I instantly know who she is talking about.

"Where?" I say back, my eyes scanning the crowd of clones. She points, and I immediately see them. Five clones, all outfitted in dark grey armor.

Palpatine's voice raises to a scream, and I shudder. The clones start cheering. They shout and pump their fists. But my eyes remain on the 99th clone force, who give no reaction at all.

****

"Come on, Delta!" Omega yelps, dragging me down the crowded hallway.

"Omega, we are going to be in trouble." I halfheartedly reprimand. Truth be told, I don't want to stop her; she is so excited. I watch as she comes to a stop, her eyes scanning the crowd.

"If we are quick, we can talk to them before we return to the lab!" She picks up her pace again, making a left turn.

"Are you lost?" I ask. Her hazel eyes look around,

"No," She states. "This is a short cut." We turn onto a adjoining hallway, and I hear her let out a breath of relief. I follow her gaze, spotting dark armor and broad shoulders.

"There they are," she whispers. "Do we just walk up and say 'hullo' or..."

I shrug. "You're on your own for this one, love. But, you better make up your mind, 'cause they're moving fast." She pulls on my sleeve.

"Come with me." She pleads. I raise my eyebrows.

"Ha! No way." She looks sadly at me, and I sigh.

"Lead the way." I mumble. Omega weaves her way through the hallway. She falls in step behind the group, then hesitates. She looks up at me, and I give her a reassuring smile. My smile vanishes when the leading clone raises his fist, signaling the group to stop.

"Lads," he says. "We've got company." They spin around, and Omega gives them an awkward smile and wave.

"Hullo!" She chirps. "My names Omega, and this is Delta." I nod at them, suddenly shy. The tallest one of the group, Wrecker, leans down to Omega's level. He has a spiderweb scar that fans out from the side of his head.

"What are they?" He asks, quite loudly. The one with goggle-like-glasses, Tech, steps forward, scanning Omega.

"Adolescent Female. Origins, uncertain." I tilt my head, observing the other three members of the group. The shorter one, Echo, who's legs and left arm appear to be mechanical. The tall one with silvery grey hair and serious resting bitch face, Crosshair. And the Sargent, Hunter, who has a scull tattoo covering half of his face.