Ánder comes to town

Disclaimer:

This is VERY fake. I am 16, I have no kids. I DO have a boyfriend (shocking, right?), who is an incredible soccer player, and we've talked about moving to Zacatecas, Mexico, where both of our families have ranches. But, we're both still in HS and not currently working. I DO write films, but nothing has been produced into Oscar-worthy films, lol, and he is not yet the goalie of his favorite soccer team. The cousins I mention are REAL (and have no idea I'm writing this) and some of them live in Zacatecas, or Jalisco, and some live in Texas, like us.

This is how I imagine the birth of our firstborn would be, if we had kids together. I like this name and found it through the incredible show Elite. He is OK with it. I also mention going to Midwife school, because I have an interest in birth and I have considered working in it.

So this is a fun story I wrote for Daniel, just because I wanted to remind him how much I love him and the future I see with him.

I love you, Daniel 💖

---

It's quite strange, to think about.

Just ten years ago, I'd met Daniel for the first time. He held open the door for me, and we hit it off just about right away. So here we were, in Zacatecas on the family ranch, watching my 80-something-year-old Abuelo talk to him about the cattle they were tending to.

Daniel had gone for a horse ride earlier with his cousin Sandra, while I was at home taking a nap and eating flan that my Abuela made for me. I was getting closer to my apparent "due date", which was May 28th, meaning our little baby would be a Gemini, and right now it was May 23rd.

It wasn't like I dreamed of this life always, though. Daniel had made enough money through soccer to afford the ranch he always wanted, and it was just fate that both of our families lived IN Zacatecas. You were living here with all of your family in houses just minutes away from each other, but Daniel wanted a home private enough for us and our future children.

When I found out I was pregnant, the first thing I did was call my cousin Maricarmen. I learned enough Spanish to tell her I was pregnant with my first baby, though I was just 25. of course, she was happy for me, and she told me she was. Daniel was 25, too, and he just turned 26. Later this year, I'd be at the horrid age of 27, where most of my idols died.

i told Daniel I was pregnant over dinner. I casually dropped it into conversation multiple times, waiting for him to realize what I meant. Though, we were both concerned. I was still only 4'11", while he'd grown to 5'7". Everything in me feared this baby would end up like my father, at 6'0" with muscles like no other man you'd seen.

Throughout the pregnancy, things were harder for me. I lost my breath quicker and my feet swelled, as per usual, but then again, people told me I was bound to have something like this happen since I was so small. It hit me how tough it would be when I was about 5 months through, and I was having issues with my ribs.

So here I sat, at 11:18 in the afternoon, watching him with my Abuelo and my cousin Alan. Had he not been named Alejandro, I would've named my child that. I sat by a tree, drinking water with a tired baby cow next to me and resting on my swollen thigh.

I was dumb enough to wear jeans in the heat, but it was hard to find other maternity clothes, and I couldn't standing wearing dresses on the ranch.

"How are you feeling?" Abuelo asked as he looked over at me, noticing how I was drinking my water.

"Tired," I responded.

"Did sleep well?" Alan asked, walking towards me to brush the cow away from me.