four

Edlyn fixed her dress as she followed the waiter that was leading her to a reserved table. Her eyes widened when she saw Jake talking with her brother.

Oh no! I forgot my brother works at the same hospital as Jake! He must know about the marriage! I need to run.

She turned around but stopped when a familiar voice called her, "Park Edlyn. Don't run."

She couldn't disobey her brother. Of course, she and Jay fight a lot but he was scary whenever he's angry or in a serious mode. She cleared her throat and sat down slowly at the table.

"Married, huh?" Jay spoke up, getting straight to the point. Jake sighed, "We were drunk."

"I know. Edlyn is bad with alcohol. I knew she would get into a stupid problem one day but I didn't realise you would too."

Edlyn watched as her brother and Jake exchanged glances. She lowered her gaze and prayed to God to have mercy on her.

"Are you planning to tell dad?" Jay asked as he looked at his quiet sister avoiding his gaze. She bit her bottom lip nervously, "No. We were planning to get an annulment and consider this marriage never happened."

"You thought that is easy? Do you know how many processes you have to go through just to get an annulment? By the time you got it, dad will know about this. I suggest you both tell your parents first and let them decide what to do with this stupid marriage."

Jake gulped as he watched his friend's serious side, he was scared for his life. He was lucky enough that Jay didn't kill him for marrying his sister while being drunk.

"What marriage?" A familiar voice asked out of the blue. Edlyn stood up and bowed as she saw Jake's parents approaching them. She knew the Sims because her brother was close to them. But she didn't know that they were Jake's parents.

"Mom! Dad!" Jake said as his voice broke at the end of the sentence. Jay smirked and motioned for the parents to sit down, "Forgive me, Mr and Mrs Sim. But we need to discuss a problem here. It's about your son and my little sister."

"You're married?!" Mrs Sim asked in shock, earning looks from the other customers due to her loud yell. Mr Sim sighed as he rubbed his temples slowly to ease his headache, "Jake, I thought you're smart enough to not do stupid things."

Mrs Sim smiled excitedly before smacking her husband's head, "Shut up!"

Edlyn flinched in surprise as her startled eyes looked at Mr Sim to make sure he was okay. Mrs Sim held both her son and Edlyn's hand, "Don't you think this is a good idea? I mean, Jake, you're getting older day by day I'm afraid I won't get a grandchild before I die. What do you say? Let's just keep the marriage going?"

Edlyn pushed his mother's hand away, "No way! Are you crazy? I'm still young! I didn't even get to continue my studies and take over my dad's hospitals yet. If you want your son to get married then find him, someone, at his age."

"Edlyn?"

She widened her eyes as she saw Hojun approaching her, "Hojun-ah."

"What are you doing here with your brother and Dr Sim Jake?"

She stood up and walked towards him to whisper, "We're in the middle of something. Can you leave? I'll talk to you late-"

"Isn't my girlfriend lovely tonight? She looks beautiful in this dress," he boasted about her in front of Jay, Jake and his family.

She sneered and gritted her teeth in anger, "Girlfriend? Why do you want to marry me so bad? Tell me. Are you really there for me just for the wealth and power or do you really love me?"

"Edlyn-"

"I heard what you said that time at the party, you jerk. By the way," she took Jake's hands and made him stand up, "I'm already married. So you can get lost and find other rich girls to lie on. A jerk like you will never be on the same level as me."

Mrs Sim smiled and hit her husband's arm excitedly. Jay couldn't hide his smile as he watched his sister stood up for herself. He never liked Hojun anyway and he didn't even understand why his father liked him so much.

Jake blushed as he looked at his hand that was intertwined with Edlyn's. She was holding it tightly without realising. Hojun smirked and scoffed, "Stop lying Edlyn. You know how close I am to your father. I can just say anything and he will listen to me."

Jay was about to punch the man in the face but Mr Sim stopped him, shaking his head 'no'. Hojun exhaled, "Why don't you prove it to me then. What proof do you have to prove that you both are married?"

Jake sighed out of annoyance, "I want to show you the documents but too bad it's at home. We're going to have a proper wedding soon so feel free to come and watch us."

Edlyn widened her eyes as she looked at the neurosurgeon next to her in shock. Jake was glaring at the man, his eyes piercing through his soul. She panicked, this is bad! Hojun likes to spread gossip everywhere! What if I ended up having to really marry him? I'm still young!

"Oh, and another proof," he cupped her cheeks and kissed her out of the blue, earning her by surprise. Jay looked away awkwardly and Mrs Sim squealed excitedly, smacking hardly at Mr Sim's arm.

Jake and Edlyn pulled away, searching for breaths. She held his hands that were still cupping her cheeks. Hojun gritted his teeth before leaving the restaurant.