two

After a few bottles of beer, Edlyn and Jake couldn't think straight anymore. They ran through the streets, laughing like little kids. They both giggled and were amused by the weirdest things. Edlyn twirled around a random tree, "Look! I'm a ballerina!"

"You look more like an ape to me," he muttered as he blinked continuously to get rid of his dizziness. After a while of running around like children, they both found themselves in front of a chapel.

"This palace looks so huge!" Jake said drunkenly. She smacked the back of his head, "It's a chapel. You're not so smart for a neurosurgeon, are you?"

They both swayed as they walked slowly into the chapel, looking around. She giggled, "Wanna do something funny?"

"Yeah. Let's get married for fun," he giggled back, smiling like an insane person. They walked to the counter, "Hi, we're getting married today."

The girl who was standing behind the counter looked at them before sighing, "Another drunk couple getting married."

She then smiled at Edlyn and Jake, "Please sign these papers."

Edlyn smacked Jake again, "Sign these."

They both signed the papers before walking to a room where they would always brief you about the marriage laws and agreements to get married.

Edlyn moved her fingers as she woke up from her drunken slumber. She held her head, groaning in pain. How much did I drink last night? she thought as she looked around and found herself in a hotel room. She gasped in shock and fell off the bed when she saw a male figure sleeping soundly next to her. She checked her body and was relieved that her clothes were still on.

She moved to the other side of the bed and saw Jake sleeping, "How did we get here?"

She walked towards the desk at the corner and saw a few papers. Her eyes widened as she read through them.

"We're married?!"

Jake groaned, "What's with all the noise?"

She threw a pillow roughly at him to make him wake up. He groaned as he stretched himself. She held the papers in front of him, "Are you aware that we're married?!"

He took the papers and widened his eyes in surprise, "What is this?..."

"I can't be married! I'm not even 22 yet! I'm not even starting to work yet! I just found out my boyfriend's real intentions and the next thing I knew, I'm married to a stranger!"

He got up and went to the bathroom. She got impatient to wait for him when she heard the shower tap turned on. She banged on the door continuously, "How can you be so calm at this moment?! I'm freaking married to you! My father is going to kill me."

I should call my brother for help. Should I? Will he kill me?

She dialled her older brother's number, "Jay?"

"I can't call you right now. I have surgery to handle in a few minutes."

"I just want to ask you, if you get married by accident, what would you do afterwards?"

Jay started noticing something fishy and held his phone tighter, "What did you do, Edlyn?"

"Just asking. I watched a drama just now."

"I don't know. I can't talk right now. We will discuss it later," with that, he ended the call. She sat on the bed and ran her fingers through her hair, thinking of a solution to solve the crisis that she was having.

Being married is worse enough but being married to a stranger? Especially when her parents don't know him? Jake walked out and stared at her in confusion, "Don't you want to wash your face or anything?"

"Wash my face? Wash my face?! I'm married to a stranger and the first thing you asked me is that?! Are you not aware that we're married?"

"Yes, I'm aware. Let's just get a divorce," he was so relaxed and calm that it amazed her. She thought for a while, we can't just get a divorce. If people find out about this then my father would get humiliated by the public. Damn you and your alcohol tolerance, Edlyn!

"We need an annulment. Let's just consider that this marriage never happened," she said as she took her coat. He nodded, "Okay."

"You'll go to the court and get the annulment forms-"

"Whoa, whoa. Hold it right there. Why should I be the one getting the annulment forms? If people see me then my reputation would be ruined," he interrupted, feeling confused and frustrated.

"Well, if people see me then my father's reputation would be ruined. I'm not risking my father and his career."

"Let's decide it by rock, paper and scissors then," he suggested. She scoffed, "What are we, five?"

"Well then, we don't have to get an annulment. Let's just consider it never happened."

She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "We're married by law! It's recorded in the system! Of course, our families won't ask but what if someone from the court brings it up? We need to get the annulment. And you will do it. End of discussion."

With that, she left the hotel room, slamming the door. Jake scoffed and threw a pillow on the bed out of frustration. He dialled his best friend's number, "Hello. Jay?"

"What's with all the people calling me when I'm busy at work? Where are you? You're supposed to have surgery in a few minutes. And now I have to take over. Today was supposed to be my day off. Sunghoon is on a vacation with his girlfriend."

"Can we meet today? I have something to tell you and I need your help."

"Fine. Be there when I'm done with work."

The call ended and he picked up the marriage papers, seeing Edlyn and his name on them. They even drew tiny smiley faces next to their signatures. He took a deep breath and calmed himself down before leaving the hotel room.