Chapter 60

Detective Kennedy is at the door of the interrogation room as Briana is being escorted down the hallway with her hands in cuffs. When she sees the detective she stops walking, causing the officer to aggressively guide her to continue walking.

"Why am I going back to this room? I already gave you what you wanted."

"There's someone else who needs to speak with you," the detective tells her.

She looks at him confused. "Why? I told you the truth. I didn't leave anything out. Y'all are really getting on my fuckin' nerves."

The detective opens the door as the escorting officer walks back down the hallway, leaving the detective with Briana.

She enters and sees Yemi sitting on the other end of the table with Sam standing next to her, rubbing her back. Briana quickly tries to turn back around to exit, and the detective stops her.

"Have a seat Billmore."

Briana sucks her teeth and exhales aggressively. The detective unlocks one handcuff and locks it around the table leg, leaving Briana with one free hand.

"You're staying here with them, right?" Detective Kennedy asks Sam.

Sam kneels down to be face to face with Yemi. "Do you want me to give you some privacy?"

Yemi is staring at Briana who is staring right back at her with no signs of remorse. "No. I want you to stay."

"Alright. I'll just be right over there in the corner," he tells her as the detective nods in approval.

"I'll be back in 10 minutes," The detective informs them before exiting.

Yemi and Briana continue staring at each other for a good 2 minutes in dead silence before Briana looks away in search of words.

She sighs, and then looks back at Yemi. "...It was an accident," she says nonchalantly.

Yemi frowns, still not saying a word.

"Shit, Yemi. What did you bring me in here for if you're not going to say what's on your mind? If you wanna cuss me out, then just do it."

Yemi straightens up her face and then slowly backs her chair away from the table. Briana squints at her, observing her body language.

"Look, I don't know what the fuck you got going on in your head, but like I said... it was an accident. So if you're trynna run up on me, just know I still have one hand to fight back. And it's lethal."

Then with the speed of light, Yemi jumps up on the table and leaps across it towards Briana. By the time Briana can react, Yemi's fist has already connected with Briana's face.

"Oh shit," Sam says under his breath with wide eyes.

Briana tries to get up from her chair, but Yemi's punches won't let her up. Her hits are just as powerful as a man's.

Sam is still in the same spot.

Briana's wrist is getting cut up by the handcuff as her body is being jerked away from the table.

It's like Yemi's soul has left her body and has no control of her actions. Briana falls out of the chair, not able to yell or fight back from the nonstop punches to her face.

The chair hits the floor and makes a loud noise and Briana's face is covered with blood. Yemi grabs Briana's shirt and lifts her on her feet just before the door swings open and reveals Detective Kennedy.

"Fuck," the detective breathes out before attempting to approach the women as Yemi pins one side of Briana down to the table.

Sam blocks the detective's path. "Don't touch her."