Chapter 46

10 MINUTES EARLIER

Yemi is driving her G Wagon as she converses with Veronica through the truck's Bluetooth.

"I called my punk ass cousin twice this morning but he hasn't called me back. And I left him a voice message, which I never do."

"Well, yesterday he told me he didn't wanna hear you going off on him about how everything went down. Maybe that's why he hasn't answered?"

"I'm not even calling him about that. If he checked his voicemail, he would know that."

"I'll make sure he calls you. Are you sure everything is alright?"

"Please tell him, Yemi. It's very important."

"Do you want to tell me what it is? And then I can tell him."

"No, don't condone his bullshit. Just tell his ass to call me immediately. He needs to hear this shit from me."

"Okay Veronica," Yemi responds, slightly defensive.

Veronica sighs in response to Yemi's tone of voice. "I didn't mean it like that. It's just a lot going on, right now, and Sam is really making it harder for me."

"I'm pulling up to the gym, right now. I'll grab his phone and call you from it."

"Okay, thank you so much. I miss you and I'll call you later today."

"Miss you, too. Bye." Yemi ends the call as she pulls into a parking spot, right in front of the gym's entrance.

She hops out, and grabs her bag before closing the driver door. As she gets closer to the entrance, a woman's voice comes through the propped door. Yemi opens it and sees Jasmine, who she's never seen before. She hears the end of Jasmine speaking Spanish to Sam, and Yemi furrows her eyebrows at Sam staring at the woman, intensely. It's when Jasmine whispers something to Sam that pisses Yemi off.

"Sam!" Yemi watches him snap is neck to look at her before he looks down and says something under his breath. She looks Jasmine up and down, skeptically, as she makes her way towards Sam. "What's going on?" She questions Sam, her eyes still inspecting Jasmine.

"I was just getting ready to tell her to leave."

Yemi finally looks over at Sam, squinting disbelievingly.

"Now Sam, you know good and well you were too wrapped up into my words to tell me to leave," Jasmine interjects.

Sam looks away, stopping himself from saying anything crazy to Jasmine. Yemi grabs his hand and throws her other hand over her hip. "Who is this?"

"Jasmine," Jasmine immediately answers for Sam and Yemi does a double take at her. "And you are?"

"My wife," Sam fires back.

Yemi shifts her neck so hard to look back at Sam. She can't believe those words came out of Sam's mouth.

Jasmine's eyes get big as she looks down at Yemi's ring finger. "Whatever Sam. She doesn't even have on a ring."

"Okay, you know what..." Yemi steps closer to Jasmine. "You are clearly not wanted here, so you need to leave."

A look of shock appears on Sam's face.

"Honey, all because you're his little girlfriend doesn't mean you can speak for him. I'm here for our son."

"Whatever is going on with Sam, affects me. I don't see your son with you, so what's your real purpose here? "

Jasmine gets into Yemi's face and Sam steps right in the middle, causing Jasmine to back up.

"You're not doing that with her," Sam remonstrates with Jasmine. "As a matter of fact, if I don't see Brent by tonight, I'll just let the court handle this shit."