37 💉

Deckard decides to break us away from the current situation. He walks over to one of his many computers. "I have someone is Moscow that can help us. An old friend." It does not take long for Hattie to through the fact that Deckard betrayed his team in his face. I spot with what he is busy doing so I sweep in and start to create the identities needed to get out of the country as easy as possible. Deckard explains the plan as I make sure our phone is cloned right over the world that will buy us 48 hours to get out.

Each of us got a different role to play to get on the plane. I am a red head, chartered accountant on her way to meet up with her husband we just settled in with his new project in Moscow and needs financial help. It was easy to get past the security. They are not so stern if you have a fancy degree and money to back you up. All got past except Hobbs. "What just happened?" Deckard shakes his head. "I changed his report a little." I roll my eyes and follow him. Hattie and Owen are right behind us.

Once on the plane we each got our seated and for some mysterious way I got seated next to Owen. I take a deep breath before I move in. I place all my little things above me and make sure I am comfortable for a long flight. I make it my personal mission not to make any contact with Owen. I lean back and close my eyes but before I can fall asleep, I hear a familiar voice. I open one eye and smirk a little as I see Hobbs take his seat next to Deckard. I also noticed that Hattie is quite impressed. I can already see the brothers faces when they realise Hattie and Hobbs might like each other with that thought in mind I drift off into a dreamless slumber.

Hattie's POV

Deckard and Hobbs are at each other's throat which I could not care less about. I turn to my right and notice how Ashley's head is now rested against Owen's shoulder. I turn my body towards him. "Will you please explain to me what happened?" He looks over to Ashley and I can feel the love he has for her. The sadness in his eyes. "Did you know she was pregnant and that she lost the baby because of me?" I hear his voice break a little. My brother who I have never seen cry in my life is on the edge of tears. I wait for him to continue.

"She was 7 months pregnant. We were home. I did not want her to be on any type of mission because it would be too risky. For some reason she decided to go through my emails that day. She found an email from Cassie." I sit up straight. A big frown on my face. "Cassie? As in your high school lover?" He snickers and nod. "I thought you had no contact with her?" He is quiet for a moment. "I did not. I dumped her after graduation joined the military and never thought of her again."

I turn to him fully now. My legs propped up on the seat. "She started sending me emails 2 months before Ash saw them. She claimed to have been pregnant when I broke up with her and that her son, Ethan, wanted a chance to finally meet his father. The first few I ignored but then she threatened to tell Ash about it, so I agreed to meet with them and to pay for his education." I cannot help but hit him. "Why the hell did you keep that a secret from her?" He looks down at her. She cuddles closer to him and he wraps an arm around her.

"I was scared. We just got engaged. She also did not tell me about the kiss between her and Deckard. I just felt like if she did not tell me about Deckard why should I tell her about Cassie?" I shake my head. Men can be real assholes. "So, she found the emails. Immediately thought I was cheating. I tried to explain but she was very upset. She grabbed the car keys and run out. I run after her to try and stop her. I even chase after her in the car. The accident happened right in front of me." Tears are slowly running down his cheeks. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"I kept calling her and, in the moment, she reached over to grab the phone she took her eyes of the road and ran a stop sign which resulted a big truck to crash into her. Never in my life have I ever been that scared."

He takes a breath and wipe some tears away. "They rushed them to the hospital. Emergency C-section was performed but if was to late. The doctor tried to explain that with the impact the fluid around the baby started to leak and the cord got twisted around his neck. Ashely was admitted to the psyche ward. They believed she was suicidal because the truck driver told them she was looking at him before she took her eyes of the road." My own heart is silently breaking for them. "Five days later I could see her, and she still did not know what happened to our son. It was so horrible to see them put her in restrains and pump her full of drugs." I wish I knew this. I could have never imagined my family having to go through something like this.

"The doctors then told me I could not see her until she showed signs of improvement. A month later when I got the call from the hospital it was just to say she has been discharged and she asked them to tell me that it was over. She was done."