36 ⏳

It is like the two men in front of us forgot we exist. They are throwing words at each other. The blonde steps away. "Actually, everyone is going to die because I am the virus." She lifts her hand up for us the see the spot where she got injected. She turns and start walking away leaving us still in shocked before a blast shoves us all back on our asses. Men in all black enter the building starting to shoot at us. I get up and take cover behind some steel tables that turned sideways due to the blast. I stay down for a few seconds and then slowly look over to see a big man picking the blonde up. He throws her over his shoulder and jumps out the window.

I decided not to waste time. Coming out of hiding I disarm two guys and rush over to the window. I do not think twice before I swan dive right out after them. In the distance I can hear Deckard yelling at me. We are moving at an incredible high speed. I reach the one guy. Jump on his back. I make sure to grab hold of his harness before I cut it loose from his body. He screams as he tumbles down faster. I slip onto the remaining pieces that will allow me to not have to worry about death. Next thing I know is Hobbs jumping onto the other guy.

He seems to be in a bit of a struggle and Deckard is casually riding the elevator down next to us. The blonde wakes up and cut her and the man loose. The fall onto some glass and I make sure to land not to far from them. The man is built as he gets up, turns to look at me and then back to the blonde. Before he can try something, Hobbs jumps on him and both fall through leaving us girls standing. I rush over to her. "You know my name, but I still don't know you?" She smiles and stands up. "Hattie." I nod and we rush down to join the guys. As I fight them off, I notice the interaction between the man that had Hattie on his shoulders and Deckard. They know each other. I am willing to bet some serious money on that.

I see how Hobbs throws the grenade under a vehicle close buy to get the other guy off our back. I take cover as it blows up. Everyone takes a direction to run into, but Deckard cuts us off. "Hattie, Ash. Get in the car." She looks at me, but I cannot force her to get in. Hobbs joins us and the two has an argument. "Only the girls." Hobbs takes his pistol out as well. Laughs as he points it Deckard. "I find it funny how you still try to win Ash over after she rejected you. I kind of get it I mean she is single now you can always try again." I give him one hell of a dirty look before I get into the back of the car. Hattie follows and eventually Hobbs as well.

After one intense car chase, we finally manage to lose them. We all get out of the car and the tension is bigger than ever. Deckard and Hobbs are at it once again. "You guys are useless to me. So, while you keep fighting, I am going to find a man that can actually get this virus out of my system." They stop and Hobbs grabs his phone. "Already did." I frown and grab the phone out of his hand. He was not lying. The scientist who designed the virus is on the picture buying the Russian newspaper. Deckard and I share a look. "There is only one please you can buy that."

We quickly track down the scientist, but he did not give us the greatest news. Basically, if we fail to get a machine to extract the virus, we need to kill her, or the virus will. As we leave everyone is in their own head space. Deckard is taking us to some place he owns. As we arrive, I noticed that he is very tense. He walks ahead which leaves me alone with Hattie and Hobbs. I shrug and decide to follow him. "Deck, what is this place?" I look around trying to make out where we are. It is a beautiful building. Antic and well taken care of. Hattie looks comfortable so I assume it is another family-owned building. "What the bloody hell took you so long?" I stop in my tracks.

Hattie looks over her shoulder to me. I hear nothing but the blood in my veins racing to get to my brain. My heart is pounding like a hammer. It takes over my mind. Hobbs stops next to me. I know that voice. I know it damn well. "Well, the plot has thickened." I ignore Hobbs's voice as I get my feet to move again. I go to stand next to Hattie. There in front of me next to Deckard stands the man I claim to love. We stare at each other for what literally feels like hours before Deckard decides to speak again. "We need to get to Russia. I have an idea, but I will need more detail. Ash?" I broke eye contact with Owen and focus on Deckard. I take a shaky breath. Take my right hands and run it through my blonde hair. Hattie grabs my hand immediately. I look at her alarmed.

Her eyes big with surprise. She holds up my right hand to my face. The ring on my ring finger caught even Deckard's attention.

"This was my mother's ring

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"This was my mother's ring." I stare at her in shock. I look to Deckard who seems just as surprise. Owen does not make eye contact with me. "You were engaged?" Hattie asked looking between the two of us. I look down and nod. Now Deckard looks between us like he did not know about it. Hattie lets my hand down. Takes a step back. "Why did you break it off?" Her question is directed towards me. I smile and look at Owen. "Why don't you ask him."