Falling

DEDICATED TO ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS: DIYAJAL.

D, I woke up at 12 freaking AM! Twelve! Just to wish you happy birthday on my status. Then, I realized my dad had my phone since he was using it to test an iOS app for the boys in his coding class and I couldn't wake him up without tripping the alarm so... I said it's fine — I'll wish you in the morning, like proper morning. So I went back to sleep and when I woke up he said he left my phone in my mum's car and she had already gone to work so yes I was very, like very annoyed and so I went to school, in a very sour unimpressed mood. And then, as if it couldn't get worse, we had to write the date. And that's when it hit me. I was a day behind. To me, it was the 17th to the rest of the mentally stable — it was the 18th, the Actually date. I missed your birthday.

D, I'm so so sorry. I literally wrote you a whole speech and everything...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

pls forgive me ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹 to make it up to you, I know it's not a lot but I wrote this chapter for you.

****

Despite my hardly sleep filled night I wake up, by default, at the 5 A.M. I teleport to the showers, slip on a pair of black jeans after yesterday's incident and a t-shirt with a red coat that my dad bought me from a fashion designer I don't care about but who's name seemed to impress Harley and Nina.

When I teleport outside I'm not exactly expecting anyone. Well... not really. I'm Half expecting to see the the green eyed red haired guy who's paid me a surprise visit last night but I kinda feel like that's wishful thinking. Okay not wishful thinking — just... thinking. Thinking which I hadn't quite been able to stop since last night. Kade's taunting voice fills my head once more. I'm so glad we're friends. I sigh, I mean, I'm happy being friends with him. It's just, after all — I am into guys and being friends with a guy like Kade is hard. That's why no other girls have managed to do it. That's why he leaves trails of broken hearts like bread crumbs all leading back to him. Yet I am not like the other girls. I will manage to keep my head and heart in sync, leveled. I know I can. I know I have to. Because Kade is my ex fiancé's best friend. Kade is a player. Kade is full of flowery words and beautiful lies, the type of charm that only exists in fairy tales, the type of danger that they don't warn you about in school. The type of guy girls break their rules for. And while I may be a rebel, keeping my heart guarded is a rule that is a necessity when it comes to Kade.

"Alexia?"

I spin around but I know the voice doesn't belong to the person who has occupied my thoughts since last night and for the better part of the morning. Instead, it belongs to the only other prince whose name begins with K.

I smile, "You're up early Kei."

He returns my grin. "Yeah I tend to wake up this time usually. I was actually hoping you would be awake too. I hadn't actually expected it of course."

I nod. "Well I'm up."

"Yeah," he blushes and looks down, "so uh, I think we still have some time before the others wake up so do you want to go to that tree house I mentioned earlier?"

I shrug, "Sure. I'd love too." Besides I could use the distraction from thinking about Ka— nope, I'm not going to even think his name.

Kei's eyes light up. "Really? Great. Shall we go then?"

I nod and grin at his bright sapphire gaze and excited small smile. "Lead the way, Jack Frost"

His eyes widen at the Nick name and for a moment I'm worried he's offended but Then he grins and nods, turning in the opposite direction and starts walking towards the woods. I can't help smile at the angelic light he seems to radiate which seems to light up the shadows of the hovering trees around him. So bright and pure it seems inevitable to do anything but follow it too.