15 ; spells and a quick-quotes quill

"Your girlfriend, Harry,"

When Harry woke up on Sunday morning, it took him a moment to remember why he felt so miserable and worried. Then the memory of the previous night rolled over him. He sat up and ripped back the curtains of his own four-poster, intending to talk to Ron and then Atlas, to force the pair to believe him - only to find that Ron's bed was empty; he had obviously gone down to breakfast.

Harry dressed, walked over to the dorm next to his, and knocked once. . . no response; he tried again. . . silence. He heaved a deep sigh; Atlas had gone to breakfast as well. With no luck, Harry went down the spiral staircase into the common room. The moment he appeared, the people who had already finished breakfast broke into applause again.

The prospect of going down into the Great Hall and facing the rest of the Gryffindors, all treating him like some sort of hero, was not inviting; it was that, however, or stay here and allow himself to be cornered by the Creevey brothers, who were both beckoning frantically to him to join them. He walked resolutely over to the portrait hole, pushed it open, climbed out of it, and found himself face-to-face with Hermione, Liliana, and Ben.

"Hello," Hermione greeted, holding up a stack of toast, which she was carrying in a napkin. "We've brought you some food. . . ."

"Nothing like whole wheat toast to start the day," said Ben with a grin.

"That and juice," added Liliana, holding a few apple juice boxes. In a low whisper she said, "It was the only thing I could convince Fred and George to knick from the kitchens."

Hermione handed Harry the toast as she asked, "Want to go for a walk?"

"Good idea," answered Harry gratefully.

They went downstairs, crossed the entrance hall quickly without looking in at the Great Hall, and were soon striding across the lawn toward the lake, where the Durmstrang ship was moored, reflected blackly in the water.

It was a chilly morning, and they kept moving, munching their toast, and sipping from their juice boxes as Harry told Hermione, Liliana, and Ben exactly what had happened after he'd left the Gryffindor table, and after they'd all left the common rooms party last night.

"He's just being stubborn, Harry," said Ben through a bite of toast. "Atlas knows you didn't put your name in 一"

"Then why is he acting like he does?" Harry interrupted; Ben stayed silent, pondering an answer, but Liliana beat him to it.

"Because he does think you put your name in." Liliana quickly glanced at Ben before adding, "as much as I know you'd like to believe he's just being stupid 一 which he is 一 he 一"

"Have you seen them?" interrupted Harry. "Ron and Atlas?"

The trio glanced between each other, unsure of what to say, but Hermione hesitantly spoke up.