8 ; heading "home"

"You're going to have an interesting year

"You're going to have an interesting year."

There was a definite end-of-the-holidays gloom in the air when Liliana awoke next morning. Heavy rain was still splattering against the window as she got dressed in jeans and a sweater that used to belong to Hermione until she decided it was no longer suitable to her taste. It was a fading purple; a simple white flower in the center, although that too was fading.

"I still don't understand why you don't like this sweater," said Liliana as she packed her pajamas into her trunk. "What's not to like?"

Hermione, who was busy stuffing two large schoolbooks into her own trunk, heaved a deep sigh. "I'm a little 一" she mustered up all of her force as she tried shutting the trunk, "一 busy, Lils."

"Let's leave her be," whispered Ginny, as she walked over to Liliana, a slight grin forming at her lips.

Liliana nodded before she and Ginny told Hermione they'd be downstairs; Hermione, however, didn't seem to hear a word as she muttered exasperatedly, "Stupid trunk!"

She and Ginny had just reached the first-floor landing on their way down to breakfast, when Mrs. Weasley appeared at the foot of the stairs, looking harassed.

"Arthur!" she called up the staircase. "Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"

Liliana flattened herself against the wall as Mr. Weasley came clattering past with his robes on back-to-front and hurtled out of sight.

"Some morning, eh?" Ginny whispered to Liliana as they entered the kitchen.

Liliana was slightly surprised to see that Harry, Ron, Atlas, Ben, and the twins were already up, dressed, and busying themselves with making breakfast seeing as it was usually Mrs. Weasley that'd already be feeding it down their throats.

"Try to stay away from the stove area," Ben advised Liliana as he brushed past her, on his way to get a slice of bread from the table.

"What do you -" However, she didn't need her question answered as she saw Mrs. Weasley: she was rummaging anxiously in the drawers - "I've got a quill here somewhere!" - and Mr. Weasley bending over the fire, talking to -

Liliana shut her eyes hard and opened them again to make sure that they were working properly.

Amos Diggory's head was sitting in the middle of the flames like a large, bearded egg. It was talking very fast, completely unperturbed by the sparks flying around it and the flames licking its ears.

". . . Muggle neighbors heard bangs and shouting, so they went and called those what-d'you-call-'ems - please-men. Arthur, you've got to get over there -"

"Here!" said Mrs. Weasley breathlessly, pushing a piece of parchment, a bottle of ink, and a crumpled quill into Mr. Weasley's hands

"- it's a real stroke of luck I heard about it," said Mr. Diggory's head. "I had to come into the office early to send a couple of owls, and I found the Improper Use of Magic lot all setting off - if Rita Skeeter gets hold of this one, Arthur -"