heartbroken (chandler/joey) |part six|

"i told him goodbye," you told him, sitting on his bed while you kept playing with the little ribbon on your shirt. it was your nervous habit that you had- to mess with the little decorative pieces on clothes or even just to pick at your jeans. "but, it's not really a goodbye because i'm seeing you more and more."

joey nodded, resting his hand on your thigh as he tried to comfort you.

"______, i'm sure everything will be okay. i mean, you have us. you have phoebe, me, ross, and rachel. we are here for you and we're your friends," he said, causing you to look up at him with a small smile. he moved his hand to be holding onto the little piece of ribbon that chandler tried to hold earlier. you let him do so as he messed around with it before leaning towards you as he gently pressed his lips to yours. 

when you let go, he tried pulling you back as you leaned back a little. 

"joey," you said, laughing a little as you looked at him. he smiled, pulling you closer as he managed to press his lips to yours once more. you smiled when he let go, keeping your eyes shut momentarily before opening them once more. "joey," you repeated as he nodded.

"yeah?" he asked.

"i'm glad i have you," you said. "you're a good guy, joey." 

he smiled down at you, pressing a kiss to your forehead before proposing an event that he was invited to. 

"oh, ______, the gang is getting together at monica's place tonight if you want to come with me," he said, as you nodded.

"sure. is chandler going?" you asked, looking up at him as he nodded.

"probably," he muttered. "i understand if you don't want to-"

you nodded. "i want to see rachel, so i'll probably go. plus, it wouldn't be so bad to try to get past most of what's going on between me and chandler. i can't do it anymore. i know that he hurt me really badly, joey, but i've slept with his best friend three times now," you muttered.

"and it was so good," he chuckled as you stood up, running your fingers through your hair.

"it doesn't matter if it was or wasn't," you muttered as he stood up, looking down at you as he raised a brow at you, running his hands through your hair gently. "it was, joey," you muttered out. "you don't have to remind me."

he smiled. "but, i like to."

you looked up at him sweetly, removing his hand from your hair as you held onto it. 

"joey," you said softly. he smiled down at you, pressing a kiss to your forehead. 

"will you come?" he asked.

you nodded. 

"okay," you said softly. "let's hope nothing too bad happens."