Chapter One

Isabella Romano POV- 

      My heart dropped as I saw her car in the stone driveway, it was 4:16pm, I was supposed to be at home by 4:00pm. Knowing what was going to happen when I  walked towards the old house which was supposed to be home, a safe place, but instead it was the place I dreaded the most, especially when she was home. 

      I flinched as the coldness of the doorknob shot through my left arm, opening the door I heard voices, the ones that gave me the most nightmares, her friends, Jim and Bob, or the Pot-belly pervs as I call them. Walking towards the kitchen I felt a stinging sensation on my ass. I turned around, almost getting whiplash might I add, I was Bob smirking at me.

     "Oh so the slut likes it," he said, turning turning around to face her, the woman who was supposed to protect me, stand by me, show me love, my mother

     Staying silent, knowing that if I said something he'll most likely do it again, I looked at my mother, who was struggling to stand up straight, she walked up to me.

      "Where were you? You were supposed to be here at 4:00pm and there was supposed to be food on the table!" she yelled at me. She gripped my chin with her crusty overgrown nails, I could smell a mix of alcohol and weed. 

       "I-..I was at the library mom," I said softly. It wasn't a complete lie, I was at the library and I talked to the librarian about some of the new books they got in. Reading was my only escape from my terrible reality. 

       "Don't try the goodie two shoes act on me slut, I bet you were at some boys house because that's the only thing you can do. And don't call me your mother because I regret giving birth to you, YOU WERE A MISTAKE YOU BRAT!!!!" she yelled while pushing me to the dusty ground. Her friends laughed as they saw her start kicking my abdomen.

        I screamed bloody murder as I felt a warm liquid soaking into my grey dress. But that only made her kick harder. She signaled for the boys to bring her something. The next thing I saw was a knife carving words into my thigh. The only letters I could have made out were, M and T, The rest of the letters were covered in a warm crimson liquid that had already taken over most of the lower half of my body. 

      "Do you know what that spells slut?" she asked with her words dripping in venom. I shook my no. 

       "It spells 'Mistake' because that is what you are, and all you'll ever be! YOU ARE WORTHLESS, YOU SLUT" she said. Usually I would cry when she told me this but now, I was used to this, it was my life and I had to learn to accept it.  According to Katrina, my so called mother, told me that my father didn't want me and that's because I was useless, I was a slut, I was a worthless, but in reality I was still a virgin and I did all the cooking in our house, I do the cleaning too but I don't have time to clean everyday because of school and dealing with her.

        "Please stop," I croaked out as I began to see black dots in my vision. All three of them began to laugh, shaking her head. My mother said, "No, I want to do a couple more things to you."

         Taking deep breaths, I mentally prepared myself for what was next to come. The next thing I knew was, I felt the blade on my back, she was carving more words into me.. 

       Trying my hardest not to scream, I bit the sides of my cheeks until I tasted a metallic taste in my mouth. 

      "Alright, slut I'm done with you for now, I hope you like the new body art!" she said while the two men had a glint of achievement in their eyes. 

       I stood up and limped to the basement, yes the basement. I've never had an actual room. There was an old mattress and a small dresser for my limited amount of clothes that Katrina bought me over the years. Most of them had stains from when she either kicked me or punched me but it was all I had so I had to make it work. I opened the first draw of my dresser and took out a small bottle of water to clean my wounds, or body art as Katrina calls it. 

       When I was done, I wrapped them in bandages I recently bought at the local drug store with some money I stole from Katrina. I laid on my 'bed' and began to think about what my life would be like if my mother loved me or if my father wanted me. I played with my necklace, it was gold and had a small moon charm on it. I had it for as long as I could remember. Apparently it was from my father, and even though I hated him for not wanting me, I always wore the necklace.  Soon after I dozed off. 

End of Chapter One :)

The grey dress Isabella was wearing- (before yall hate me remember she has a lot scars and wounds so it's to cover it up okay)

(before yall hate me remember she has a lot scars and wounds so it's to cover it up okay)

The grey dress Isabella was wearing- (before yall hate me remember she has a lot scars and wounds so it's to cover it up okay)

Her necklace-