xiii. final four

CHAPTER THIRTEEN!

FINAL FOUR.

BEING ALONE IS HORRIBLE, BEING ALONE AND HAVING THREE OTHER PEOPLE wanting to kill you only makes it worse. Since the death of Fallon and the boy from District Two, Rosalie has been thinking about those who are left. She knows for a fact the girl from District Two is still alive but the others, she has no clue.

The cut on her side is looking much better, still a little tender to the touch but okay nonetheless. That cream was almost a miracle, wiping out any signs of infection overnight. Who knows what Finnick had to say in order to persuade the sponsors to give her something, anything to make her better. He was right, he is good at persuasion.

Rosalie sips at the water from Zachariah's bottle, consuming some of the rations that he had left over. They're a little stale in comparison to what her's were the other day, but right now she will literally take any food she can get her hands on. Today could very well be the last day she is here and she needs her energy.

She finds her gaze moving to her side, looking for Fallon who is no longer there. She misses her presence, the way she was able to make light of situations but be serious when she had to be. Rosalie cannot help but think of her family back home - the boy who she was going to marry, her brothers and her parents. They must be absolutely distraught.

"You can do this," she mumbles to herself before getting back to her feet, stretching out her legs.

Carter's eyes are glued to the projection, just as they have been for days

Carter's eyes are glued to the projection, just as they have been for days. He's had to watch his sister almost be killed twice now but also the toll the games are starting to have on her. She looks skinnier, unhealthy even, and there are dark bags under her eyes from her terrible sleep schedule. He can practically see the tears in her eyes as she probably thinks about what has happened to her over the past few days — Carter can practically feel her emotion through the screen.