iv. tribute parade

CHAPTER FOUR!

TRIBUTE PARADE

TRIBUTE PARADE.

ROSALIE SITS NERVOUSLY IN THE LARGE ROOM AS SHE AWAITS THE ARRIVAL OF HER STYLIST. She knows the stylists often dress their tributes up in stupid outfits that have to do with their districts — unfortunately for her that means she'll probably end up being a fish or something like that.

When the door opens up, she looks over and expects to see a middle aged man or woman but instead is greeted with a younger girl. She doesn't look to be a day over twenty.

"You must be Rosalie. I'm Lila, your stylist. I'm sure you're very aware of the tribute parade coming up today and it's my job to make you look good for it," Lila speaks almost kindly, flicking her dark hair over her shoulder which better exposes her eccentric make.

"It's nice to meet you," Rosalie responds as nicely as she can, her resentment for her situation fighting to come out.

"But you wish you never met me? Don't worry, I get it. I promise I'm not here to spew on about how lucky you are to represent your District because from what I've seen, it doesn't always end well. I will talk to you about outfits and make-up and hair, that's all,"

Rosalie feels a little more relived than she was prior, happy that she won't have to share her life story with this woman. She can only imagine what some of the other tributes are going through right now, having to plaster fake smiles on their faces and pretend that they're happy to be here — happy to be awaiting death.

"Now, District Four has a lot to do with oceans, yes? Unfortunately for your district partner it is more than likely he'll be dressed as something like a flounder but, uh, that's not really me style. So, feast your eyes," Lila speaks as she walks over to a covered clothes rack in the corner.

Rosalie watches on as the woman pulls the fabric away and she's met with a dress — a beautiful one at that. It's long in length, brushing against the floor as it flows in the light breeze caused by the air conditioning. She takes a step forward and runs her hand over the violet material, the few sequins scattered across the surface coming in contact with the skin of her fingers. It's light, the bottom made from something that seems almost paper thin. She cannot fathom how somebody could have possibly made an outfit like this.

"It's beautiful," The brunette breathes and Lila watches with a small smile, satisfaction appearing within her features.

"Thank you and you will make it look even more beautiful when you wear it. Come on, let's get to it,"