Chapter 5

Arianna was still sound asleep but Kol was wide awake. He gently ran his fingers through his niece's hair and looked up when he heard someone coming towards them. Klaus smiled at the sight of his brother and daughter and he just leans against the door frame looking over at them for a few moments before speaking.

"Thanks for staying with her last night."

Klaus had heard Arianna wake up multiple times in the night and each time, he also hear Kol gently whispering in her ear and soothing her back to sleep. He never left her once and just did whatever he could for the young girl.

Kol nodded, "She's my niece, Nik."

Klaus smiled and nodded but then sighed, "Well, your niece has to go to school and if she isn't awake in the next five minutes, she is going to be late to her first class"

This made Kol sigh. Both men knew that Arianna was not going to go to class without an argument and they really didn't have time for that without making her late. Hope was already up and getting ready but even she was worried about being late for class.

"Maybe it'll be easier to let her stay here with us. Just for today."

Elijah walked into the room just as Klaus said that, "Actually, Niklaus, Alaric has agreed to give us a week with Arianna before she has to go back to lessons again."

Kol and Klaus both smiled at that. Both of them were happy to have the young girl around.

"Now," Elijah continued, "Hope has headed up to school for breakfast and Freya is downstairs cooking some pancakes but after breakfast we do really need to talk about what we are going to do. Arianna needs to be in school, she needs to learn how to control her powers and we need to lay down some rules."

"What's the fun in that?" Kol asked his brother and Elijah rolled his eyes.

"It's not meant to be fun, Kol, and I need you to be responsible for once. Arianna has become very fond of you so you need to be a good role model for her."

Kol opened his mouth to argue but the look on Elijah's face shut him up making him sigh and give in.

"Fine."

Elijah nodded at that and went down to help Freya with breakfast and Arianna began to stir. She woke up and kept hold of Kol with a smile.

"Uncle Kol?" she spoke tiredly.

Kol smiled over at her, "Good morning, Princess."

Klaus slowly moved into the room and Arianna looked around hearing the movement. She giggled and put her arms up to Klaus who happily picked her up and spoke.

"Good morning, Sweetheart. Uncle Elijah and Auntie Freya are down stairs making some breakfast. Why don't you go see?"

He kissed his daughter's cheek before placing her down on the floor. The girl smiled and went downstairs smiling brightly as she saw the rest of her family.

"Uncle Lijah!"

Elijah looked around when he heard his niece and he smiled at the young girl. He made sure Freya was okay to finish up with breakfast on her own before going over to Arianna but he never got a chance to say or do anything before she hugged him tight.

"Good morning to you too, Ari" he chuckled and hugged her back.

Arianna giggled and looked up at her uncle with a happy smile on her face. She had grown very attached to her family considering she only met them yesterday, especially her father and two uncles. The girl could barely remember what it was like to have a family and now here they were.

The girl smiled happily and looked from Elijah to Freya. Freya smiled at the little girl and Elijah held her in his arms so that she could see what Freya was doing.

Once the food was done, everyone gathered at the table to eat some breakfast. Arianna was kind of quiet as she ate and she watched everyone else. Mainly, she was just focused on enjoying the fact that she finally had the family she had always wanted. 

After breakfast, Arianna went up to her bedroom with Klaus and he helped her look in her boxes of stuff to find an outfit to wear.

"How about we spend today making your room all nice and pretty for you? Make you comfortable and settled in?"

Arianna smiled and nodded excitedly. She was excited to decorate her room but also excited to just spend some time with her father.

Slightly shorter chapter this time but it will be made up for in my next update. Hope you all enjoyed it anyway :)