Chapter 2

After that, things started moving very quickly. Arianna found that her bedroom was not her bedroom anymore and she was moved into the house her family was going to be living in. She got one of the biggest rooms which she was grateful for but she didn't understand why she had to do this. The girl stood outside as she watched Elijah and Klaus carry her things inside.

"What are they doing, Uncle Kol?"

The girl had very quickly grown fond of Kol but she refused to view the others as family. Her father didn't want her and Elijah only seemed worried about keeping her out of trouble.

Kol looked down at the girl, "They are bringing all your stuff into the house so that you can live in a house with us. You can still go to school but you'll live her instead."

"I don't go to school," the girl said honestly, "I don't like it."

Kol smiled down at that young girl and gently took her hands, "No. I didn't like school either but you do need to go and your Uncle Elijah will make sure you go"

The girl pulled her hands away, "Not my uncle"

This made Kol sigh slightly. She was pushing them all away and refused to accept that they were her family. He wished that he could show her that it was okay to be open with people and that family wasn't a bad thing but Klaus had really messed the girl up by refusing to see her. It was nothing that they couldn't fix though. He was determined to brighten her view of family.

Before Kol had a chance to speak, a car pulled up beside them and inside was Freya and Hayley. Freya had already used magic to send everyone's belongings into the house so it was just the two of them and two, now empty, cups of coffee.

When Arianna felt the magic coming from Freya, she growled lowly. She didn't like witches since a witch killed her mother and half-brother. The girl glared and continued to growl so Kol gently put an arm around the young girl's shoulders holding her close to him.

"What's wrong, AJ?"

"The witch. I can feel the magic. A witch killed my mum and big brother"

Kol sighed softly and spoke, "Listen to me. Your Auntie Freya is not going to hurt you. Okay?"

Arianna slowly calmed down and she looked up at Freya and Hayley the same distrust and tense nature returning to her body. The same way she was with her father, Rebekah and Elijah. Only Kol seemed to make any difference to her.

Hayley looked over at Kol, "Where are Elijah and Klaus?"

Kol pointed them in the direction of the house and the two women headed inside hearing Elijah trying to convince Klaus to go outside and talk to his daughter. Elijah knew how important the bond between a child and their father could be, especially when they had already lost their mother. 

Arianna was sat outside when a shifted werewolf came towards her. She smiled slightly at the sight of the wolf pup and instantly recognised her as one of her good friends Makayla. The girl looked up at Kol and put a finger over her lips before shifting into her white werewolf pup form.

It had never made sense to anyone who knew Arianna why her werewolf form was white when she was a natural red-head but the girl didn't care why

It had never made sense to anyone who knew Arianna why her werewolf form was white when she was a natural red-head but the girl didn't care why. She spent more of her time as a wolf pup than she did as a human most days and she loved it. 

The two wolf pups play fight happily and Klaus walked over to Kol and the pups. He watched the two of them for a moment and thought to himself. He had always wished as a child that he could shift like this, not because of the full moon but just to play with another wolf and have some fun. That was the first time he really saw himself in his daughter.

The hybrid looked up at Kol and spoke, "You let her shift?"

"Klaus, I didn't have a choice I-"

Klaus shook his head, "No you don't understand. I'm not angry. We just need to make sure Alaric doesn't find out. I know the wolves are meant to learn control so that they don't shift until they have no choice on the full moon. I don't want her to get into trouble for something so harmless."

Kol smiled slightly, "See, you do care about her really."

The hybrid rolled his eyes at that and simply told his little brother to keep an eye on them before going back to held Elijah move the last of Arianna's things before they started on Hope's.

Kol smiled as he watched his brother leave. It was clear to him that Klaus cared more about the young girl than he was letting on and it gave him hope for building a better family relationship with Arianna.

All too soon, Alaric came down to the house with Hope stood by his side. Hayley ran over to see her daughter and Alaric scolded the two wolves for shifting telling them to shift back. 

Makayla shifted back to human and glared at Kol and Alaric before running off to go and play somewhere else but Arianna refused to shift back and she ran off straight into another wolf. This wolf was one Arianna had never seen before and it was an adult. That was when she realised it had the same familiar scent that family shared and she realised that it must be Klaus.

Klaus looked down at her in his wolf form. It was as if he was sizing up the girl but he didn't consider her a threat. He stayed still and let his daughter cautiously sniff and move towards him until she yapped playfully and the two wolves went off towards the clearing between the house and the trees of the woods just growling, yapping and running around with each other happily.

Elijah and Kol stood there watching the two of them happily. It was clear that Klaus saw so much of himself in Arianna when she was shifted in wolf form and maybe that was a way for the two of them to begin to bond so it would be easier to bond as humans too.

Even Alaric smiled at the sight and left them alone after making sure they knew where to find him if they needed anything. 

Elijah called Arianna over and the young wolf pup stopped and looked up at her uncle. She growled lowly, clearly not wanting to go over to him and stop playing with her father.

"Come on, AJ. There are some people you need to meet"Elijah tells her.

Arianna glanced back at Klaus and the wolf seemed to nod at her before shifting back to human. The girl growled lowly but then shifted back, following her father's example.

Klaus gave her a small smile,"Come on"

The young tribrid frowned as she watched her father just walk off. She had thought for a moment there that her father was beginning to care but it was as if that had never happened already.

Kol sighed at the sad look on her face and went over speaking gently, "Come on, AJ. It's okay"

"No! It's not okay and I don't want to be your family! I'm fine on my own!"

The girl growled when Kol tried to stop her and she bit him, using the opportunity of his pain to run of into the maze of trees behind her.