Chapter 51: A New Day

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.

The Next Day....
Mavis woke up blissfully in her bedroom only to find that Johnny's arms was wrapped around her as a hug.

Mavis smiled while playing a little with his hair. Johnny started to wake and in front of him was Mavis' beautiful smile.

MAVIS: (*giggle) Wakey wakey, sleepyhead!

JOHNNY: (*yawn) Oh.... good morning, Mavy.

MAVIS: So.... did you sleep well, my Johnnystein?

Johnny laughed and replied by cuddling with her tightly and playfully nibbling her cheeks making Mavis giggle.

Mavis kept kissing Johnny passionately on their bed until Dennis entered the room all excited.

Mavis and Johnny quickly let go of each other and acted normal in front of their son.

DENNIS: Hi, mommy! Hi, daddy!

MAVIS: Aww! Good morning, my baby!

JOHNNY: (*nervous laugh) Good morning, little dude.

Dennis jumped on the bed with Mavis and Johnny.

DENNIS: Mommy, daddy. Can we go downstairs for breakfast with Uncle Brett and Kent and Aunt Melly? Papa Drac and Grandma are also waiting for us.

MAVIS: (*yawn)... Okay, sweetie. Just give mommy and daddy time to dress up.

A few minutes later, Mavis, Johnny, and Dennis went down at the cafeteria to have breakfast with Dracula, Martha, Alfred, Brett, Kent, Melly, Troy, Parker, and Connor.

ALFRED: Oh there you are. We were just waiting for the three of you.

MARTHA: Good morning, my cute babies!

DRACULA: Hello there my little Mavy-Wavy and Denisovich!

Dracula and Martha hugged both Mavis and Dennis.

MAVIS: (*giggle) Good morning, mom and dad.

Everyone sat together in one table.

JOHNNY: Enjoying your stay so far?

MELLY: Yes! We missed hanging out with guys in the hotel. We were able to get the sleep we needed after that... well, you know.

BRETT: Thank you again, Drac. For letting us stay here in the hotel. I don't know how would could repay you.

DRACULA: Nonsense. You don't have to repay me anything, Brett. You guys are basically part of the family. You can stay here as long as you need.

MARTHA: Besides, after what happened to you and your family last night, this is the safest place for now. At least you'll be here at Mavis' birthday party.

KENT: Oooh... to bad we didn't prepare a gift for guys. Sorry.

MAVIS: It's alright, Kent. At least everyone will be in the party.

Johnny held Mavis' hand and kissed her on the cheek getting excited for her birthday.

Dennis and his cousins also had a conversations of their own.

CONNOR: Dennis, who do you think would win on a fight? Batman or Superman?

DENNIS: Batman cebause he's my favorite!

TROY: Pff... my money's on Superman.

PARKER: Yeah! Superman can easily kick Batman's butt.

JOHNNY: That's crap!

Everyone around the table were silenced and shocked to hear that Johnny would say such a mild language, especially in front of the kids.

Johnny awkwardly looked back at his family and smiled nervously.

JOHNNY:.....is what Batman.... would say.... (*laughing nervously).....

Johnny kept laughing nervously and continued eating breakfast feeling all embarrassed that he didn't want to make eye contact.

After eating breakfast, all of them went to the basketball court where they saw Hank, Pedro, Wendy,  Richard, Sophie, Charlotte, and Klaus playing the game.

WENDY, SOPHIE, and CHARLOTTE: Hi, Mavis!

MAVIS: Hey, guys. What are you doing here?

HANK: Just playing a little game of Basketball. Wanna join?

MAVIS: I'd love to but for now, I'm just gonna watch you guys play.

KLAUS: Ooh... why is that, Mavish? Is it because you're a scaredy-bat? (*laugh)

MAVIS: Ugh... Klaush!

This was beginning to annoy Mavis as she was tired of Klaus' old evil schemes during her teenage years.

PEDRO: Ooooh, looks like someone's demanding a challenge.

MAVIS: You know what, fine! I'll play your stupid little game! And you're going to regret it!

KLAUS: Wonderful! I look forward on watching you lose... (*evil chuckle)

Mavis scowled at her annoying cousin. She had her fangs extended and eyes turned red showing her angry face.

JOHNNY: Well if Mavis is going to play, then I'll be in her team.

DENNIS: I wanna play with Mommy and Daddy, too!

RICHARD: Dibs on Mavis and Johnny's team!

Richard and Dennis both gave each other fist bumps like Richard being a big brother for Dennis, which made Johnny smiled at their interaction.

Richard took the opportunity to take a selfie with Johnny, and Dennis (since he's half-human, he can appear in photos) but Mavis wasn't in the mood not because she can't be seen in any photograph, but she was too focused on beating Klaus in a basketball game.

To be continued.....

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.