chapter twenty nine

TRIGGER WARNING: a lot of touchy subjects, including murder, suicide, rape, self harm etc.

ava's pov.

i stand there completely frozen. after all these years, she decides to show up now. after all the times me and adryana cried, struggled with money, just prayed for her and our father  to just reach out, she shows up now. we felt so alone for so long, like they didn't even love us. i thought when i saw her again, i'd be happy. but i feel nothing but hatred.

adryanas sad face, immediately turns cold. "why are you here?" she says, with a glare.

billie walks up next to me, and puts her hand around my waist tightly. i look up at her, and her eyes are black.

my mother looks at us, and then back at adryana. "you're moving out. who's this mija?" she says, looking at billie then back at me.

billie goes to respond, but i do it for her. "billie. and, why show up now? you left us alone. for 5 years. i was fucking 14." i say, angrily.

my mother looked taken back by my tone and my words. "watch your mouth with me ava rose. i had a reason. you two were strong enough to be alone." she says.

i widen my eyes, and adryana laughs mockingly. "you're kidding right? you can't just come in her after all these years, and try to act like you're still are mother. i had to raise myself AND ava alone. at fucking 15!" adryana screams, her eyes filling up.

marina goes beside her, and her whole face is red. "do you know what you put them through?" marina asks.

billies grip gets tighter, as we all just stare at my mother for some response.

my mother eyes roam between all of us, and sighs. "i am still your mother. like a said, we a had a reason." she says, with a blank expression.

i feel myself grow angrier and angrier. "okay so enlighten me then. why'd you leave? huh? you don't even know what the fuck i went through. i almost was killed by my ex boyfriend, TWICEi begged god ever night as i sat there, wishing i was dead, that you and my father would just come back to us! you didn't care about us! you never fucking called, you never thought of us, you left alone! adryana had to BEG people for jobs to provide for us here. the late nights of work, and sleepless nights for homework just so she could fucking pass for the year. and then having to make sure i was fucking okay all the time since i had been traumatized. he beat me mom! he kidnapped me! he fucking raped me until i was bleeding out and now IM FUCKING PREGNANT. with HIS child. and billie has to pick up all the pieces of hurt, trauma, and everything else that he and YOU AND MY FATHER put me through. do you see this shit?" i yell, pulling up my shirt to expose my scar.

"ava.." billie whispers, as she tries to grab my arm as i walk towards her. but i immediately move my arm away.

i point to my scar, "he fucking STABBED me, right where your standing. leaving me to DIE. and these?" i say, pulling up my sleeve to expose more scars. "this started when you and my father left. because you were too selfish to be there for your own kids. so yeah, i don't think your reason is good enough to leave us alone to deal with this type of shit, alina." i say, using my mother's actual name.

adryana sobs quietly, "do you see what you fucking left us with?" she yells.

my mother is frozen. her face is white, but surprisingly, she isn't shocked. "mija i already know.  she whispers, reaching out for me.

i immediately pull away, and i feel billie pull me back into her grasp. she looked at my mother with disgust.

"what?! don't fucking touch me." i spat.