chapter seventeen

ava's pov.

"suavementeeeee bésame que quiero sentir tus labios, besándome otra vez!" we all scream to the song, as we drive. today has been pretty good day. i feel good. but i couldn't stop thinking about billie and my picture. i wanted to see her, and i wanted to talk to her and tell everything that happened. but i couldn't, it wasn't good for me or her.

we continue to drive until we pull up to a gas station. "i gotta get gas i'm on E" adryana says, turning down the music.

she gets out and starts pumping the gas, and marina puts her chin on the top of my seat. "how you feeling av?" she asks.

i look at her from the corner of my eye. "i'm actually good today. it feels good to be out again." i say, smiling.

she sighs. "i don't wanna bring up a bad subject but, you haven't talked to billie have you?" she says quietly.

i shake my head. "no. but rina if i tell you something you have to super swear you won't tell adry." i whisper. i wanted to tell her about the picture. i don't think adryana would really get mad, but she was upset that billie hurt me.

she nods. "super swear." she holds her pinky out and i lock it with mine. 

i close my eyes and sigh. "she liked my picture today, on instagram." i whisper.

her eyes widen. her and my sister thought i blocked her. "what? let me see." she says quietly.

i hand her my phone with the post, and she goes through the likes and she puts her hand over her mouth. "she must've never forgot about you." she whispers.

i shrug. "i don't know. maybe she just liked
the picture or something. i can't think too deep into it. i've been trying to move on." i say.

she looks at me and gives me a sad smile. "you will eventually. i know it's hard. maybe you should try diana again, you've been talking, no?" she asks.

i shake my head. "we have but i don't want a relationship. she's nice and stuff, but billie is always in my head rina. i can't lead her on." i say. "no more billie, please." i rub my temples.

adryana finishes pumping the gas, and gets back in the car. we drive to this little diner on 138, and we park.

we get out and make our way the door, and i open it. i look to my left and i see a matte black car parked. i squint my eyes. it can't be.

i walk in and i'm looking down, waiting for the hostess to seat us. i'm shifting my feet around when i hear someone talk loudly.

"fuck bro what?!"

i know that voice from anywhere.

i snap my head up, and my heart instantly stops.

billie.

her eyes were locked with mine. she was with jah, and she looked just as beautiful as i remembered her to be. it's only been two months, but it felt like forever. she had on a gucci sweatsuit, and her hair was down like always, but she had gucci bandana on instead of her louis vuitton one.

i stood there just staring at her for a few moments. her eyes didn't leave mine.  i snap out of it when the hostess is bringing us over to a table.

her eyes followed me as i walk over to my table and it was 2 down from hers. i was facing her, while marina and adryana had their back turned.

"ava we can leave if you want." adryana whispers.

i shake my head and look at her. "it's okay, i was gonna see her eventually. brookhaven is small, and she's always out." i say.