chapter five

ava's pov.

i don't know what to say to marina. i need to think of an excuse fast. as much as billie is an asshole, i don't want marina thinking billie was the reason of my breakdown. it was because of keyvon, but it was triggered by billies actions, resembling his. yeah she didn't hit me, but the sarcastic words brought back things i couldn't forget. and then she saw my scars, i felt exposed. i don't think she meant it though, well i don't really know, she's kinda bipolar.

"why don't we go talk upstairs?" i say to marina, pointing to my sister who's on the phone with tony.

"okay." she says sternly and walking upstairs, yeah she's really mad.

we walk into my room, and i shut the door, turning around to a very angry marina.

"what the hell were you thinking ava? she's dangerous and you went into the car with her? " she asks, waiting for me to explain.

i then proceed to tell her about class, her telling me to meet her and giving me her number. and the talk in the car, about her and i being friends. i left out the arguing and the scars. just saying we left the conversation with we can hang out tomorrow, at 8.

marina stares at me with wide eyes. "ava rose dasilva. so you are now friends, with billie? with the guns, probably doing the same things keyvon-" i stop her there.

"marina stop comparing her to him! she didn't hit me, she didn't verbally destroy me, and she sure as fuck didn't stab me!! that was KEYVON. and me and her are FRIENDS. not together! hell i don't even like girls rina you know this!" i start to yell.

"oh cut the bullshit av i see the way you watch her walk by with her friends at school, when i say her name you light up like used to! with KEYVON! you are infatuated with her! i know you better then you know you, stop lying to me!" she yells back, getting red.

"i'm trying to protect you from what you've already gone through! you see what she does on instagram, god knows what she does in person ava! and she's a hoe. she fucks any girl that's breathes, that jay girl? that's one of girls. she has A LOT of girls. she's USING you."she spats.

i get angrier and start to yell louder. "you and adryana! that's all you say! you wanna fucking protect me blah blah blah!! i don't need you to baby me anymore i've learned my lesson rina!! i nearly died that night!!" im now screaming.

"you didn't learn because you still get attacks, you had a breakdown the other night!! when will you ever learn ava?!" she yells when adry walks in.

"what the fuck is going on? why are you guys fighting?! you two never fight." adryana yells.

marina scoffs and laugh. "what's going on is that ava is doing the same thing to herself, once again! she never wants to listen to us" she storms out and runs downstairs.

i roll my eyes, and feel them filling up. i look over to adryana who is looking at me concerned. "what is she talking about ava?" she says.

i'm so aggravated at this point and just want to be alone. "nothing adry. just go follow her." i say with a little too much attitude. this wasn't adryanas problem.

she rolls her eyes, and scoffs. "whatever, don't blame this shit on me. " she says as she slams the door and goes outside to follow marina.

i knew this would happen, now she's gonna tell adryana everything. and i'm gonna get same speech like i do everyday. 'you can't trust anyone ava' , 'you're too vulnerable ava' . all of that. i heard it all before. i'm just so sick of it and being treated by a baby.

i run to my window and open it slightly to listen in.
of course she told adryana everything. from class, to the lunch situation, and the guns, and all of it. just great.